Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Someone is going to be a....

BIG SISTER!!!!
We are expecting our bundle of joy on June 20th.

Baby - 12 weeks

The first 2 months were really hard and I spent most of my time battling morning sickness ALL day. I've feeling better but still not 100%.
We did the Ultra Screen this week and are waiting to get the results. Many people know the Ultra Screen as the "Down Syndrome Test." It take the amount of fluid in the neck along with blood work and gives you a percentage of having a child with Down's Syndrome but many people don't realize it can check for Trisomy 18 and Trisomy 13 as well. I was shocked when the stenographer told me it can also detect if you are at risk of having a baby with a heart defect. I know all this doesn't change the fact that we will have whatever God blesses us with but I was never given this option before so I decided to do the test. Plus I got to see my baby in the process!
We will definintly have a fetal echo done in the next month or so. I'm extremely nervous about this pregnancy. I had such a hard pregnancy last time that I don't know what to expect. So right now I'm asking for prayers for a healthy pregnancy and baby.

6 comments:

jencooper said...

Congrats!! I am so excited for you! I will be praying for an easier pregnancy with a beautiful baby as your reward.

The Portas said...

I just saw your note on E's blog and came over to check!!! OMG, what wonderful news, Vanessa. CONGRATULATIONS! I am curious how my pregnancy will pan out this time, too, since last time was certainly no picnic for me either. It will all turn out how it is meant to...that's what I keep reminding myself.

I'm due June 11th, so we are just over a week apart! This is kinda weird since I know that we had a LOT of similarities with our first pregnancies. We must be connected on the pregnancy wavelength somehow.

Congrats again and keep me posted on how you are feeling/progressing! We will pray for a boring and very uneventful pregnancy this time around for you!!

Amyacl said...

Congratulations! What exciting news! Since neither of us had it easy the first time, I hope your second pregnancy goes as smoothly as mine did. Arianna's going to be a great big sister!

Unknown said...

First Megan now you, congradulations I am so excited everyone is getting pregant I am starting to feel left out I want another one :) I know that is very impossible :)
My twins were born June 19th so hold out ok :)
Of course we will pray for you, I hope the test results come back fine and everything goes smoothly for you. How exciting.

mina said...

Congrats! So happy for you!

Anderson Family said...

Yeah for the bean!!! We're so excited for you guys!