Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cardiac MRI & Lung CT

Arianna was scared driving to the hospital but we made sure to keep her mind off things while we were waiting. The fish tank is always a big help with that!



This is "Coco" her hospital buddy. He always goes with us to the hospital. He's apart of the zipper club as well!

She was in pre-op and starting to get a little nervous but she walked back on her own. Once she turned the corner and saw the table and ventilator and equipment she freaked out...so did I inside. I scooped her up and comforted her till she was doing a little sob. I asked for the mask to show her how to breathe..once she was doing that we attached the anesthesia and turned it on..in a matter of 2 minutes she was out and I layed her down..kissed her head and told her to sleep tight..


We had to keep Devin entertained with the iPod. He was watching a video of his Bepa (my dad) singing and he was in heaven. He just LOVES his Bepa!


Daddy holding Coco while taking a nap..




MRI and CT took 3 hours total! They said only 2 hours so I was getting really nervous. We had issues with the PACU not letting us in when she got back but apparently she was still intubated and under anesthesia. I told them once she was extubated I would go sit with her but they wouldn't let me. You better believe I filed a complaint about that. We did get in to see her and she was sitting up. She started crying cause she had an IV in her hand and I told her there would be no pokes..but we gave her a does of phenergen and took it out. She did extremely well and didn't throw up once, which is her norm with anesthesia. We were out of there 5 mins after she woke up!


When we left she was asking for food so we stopped and picked up McDonalds at her request.

I actually received a call from her pulmonologist before we even got home. He is an awesome doctor! He said her lungs look better than her last CT at 1 year old. She did have atelectasis but that is common with intubation. She lung sacs look good so she probably just has mild interstitial lung disease which means its affecting the lung wall instead of sacs! Great news!

She was a little tired for a few hours but by the evening was asking to go on our normal bike ride. Told her that she couldn't but we could do a walk..I couldn't believe it!


I got an email last night from her cardiologist and he saw the preliminary report which showed her right ventricle pressures to be around 100 ml/m2 and they don't get worried until around 150 ml/m2. He will let me know when he gets the final report. So I take that as good news and no surgery!!!

2 comments:

Amyacl said...

So glad to hear good news! It's hard to see our kids go through things like that, but at least the results were what you hoped for!

mina said...

Great to know things went so well!