Friday, September 11, 2009

Friends


We had such a fun day with some friends from our Mended Little Hearts support group. Liz, who is a CHD survivor herself, has a little boy who is 2 months older than Arianna. The kids get along so well!


First we went to lunch and that was fun as we had to keep running our newly potty trained 2-year-olds to the bathroom every 15 minutes. lol!

After lunch we went over the Beads of Courage event that was going on. This is such an amazing non-profit organization. They are in over 60 hospitals throughout the U.S. but of course not in our local hospital. Ugh...I'm going to try and see if I can help change that. ;)


Kyle & Arianna watching people make the beads with fire. Arianna was more scared than excited


This was really awesome to watch




Then they got to pick out their own beads to make a bracelet.

Okay...even I had to get in on that action. :)






We had such a blast we didn't even realize we were there for 2 1/2 hours. Of course Arianna crashed on the way home so she is wired right now. Tomorrow we have to get up early so we can go to our monthly Mended Little Hearts gathering at the Tucson Children's Museum. I'll post pics when I get home.



2 comments:

jencooper said...

They are so cute!!

Beads of Hope is coming to talk to our support group on Tuesday night. I can't wait to hear all about the program. We have already received funding for the program!

I hope that all is well!!

<3,
Jennifer

The Portas said...

How fun!! I can't believe what a big girl Arianna is. Making bracelets with her friends?! I love it!