Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Arianna's battle with atypical pneumonia

Arianna got really sick at the end of winter. I knew something was really wrong but when we took her to the ER they did a chest x-ray and said she was fine and sent us home. Three days later at her follow-up peds appointment they told us she was diagnosed with pneumonia in the hospital which wasn't true. Apparently, her initial radiographs were read normal but the final results showed pneumonia. Needless to say for 3 days she was just sitting at home getting worse. This is how sick she was..


She was on 4 liters of oxygen and still barely holding sats at 90.

Right after taking this next picture her heart rate begin to drop into the 30's and she almost coded on me. SCARY!
Thankful for an amazing pulmonologist who spoke with me constantly via email and phone we were able to keep her out of the hospital and cared for her ourselves. It was 24 hour care and it was very exhausting..
but I wouldn't of done it any other way. She is my life, my love and I am so thankful God gave her to me.

First smile after 10 days!!!
I thought we were finally rounding the corner..
Then she got worse.


Thank God for my mom. She would come work from my house so she could help us with Devin. Even with the 3 of us there we had our hands full. If it wasn't for her I don't think I could of gotten through those 2 week. She cooked dinner, cleaned, took care of kids, let me shower and cry on her shoulder. Thank you Mom for all that you do for us.

FINALLY she was doing slightly better and wanted to color. It lasted a few minutes but it was a start.

My hands were a little full. :)

My mom and Arianna in the kitchen baking cookies. Yes..she's in the highchair. Only way we could get her to sit up. Man, her color was pretty bad now that I look back at her pictures.

She even asked to do some scrapbooking! That's my girl!

Just when we thought we were going to fall over from exhaustion...
That's right..my little boy decided to get in on the action. Devin's very first breathing treatment.

No comments: