Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cardiac MRI & Lung CT Scheduled

I just got the call from UMC to schedule Arianna's cardiac MRI. Man, was that a hit in the gut. I knew it was coming up but I hate when I get those calls. She was suppose to have this done at the end of July but they are booked so she is scheduled for August 15th at 10am. I am working on getting insurance to approve the CT for her lungs as well. If all goes through then she will be wheeled to the CT machine right after her MRI so we don't have to put her under twice. She does have to be put under general anesthesia so this is why I get nervous. Anytime your child has to be placed under its not a good experience. Praying that since she is older and I can explain things to her a little more that it won't be as scary and she will wake up from it okay. Last time she was delirious waking up and I pray it doesn't happen again. I guess what scares me the most is the fact that this test will indicate whether surgery is needed right now or not. It seems alot of our heart friends are having surgery so that just means our heart kiddos are growing up and with that comes heart tune-ups as I like to call it. Whatever the outcome may be I know that I have to put it in God's hands!

No comments: