Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Speech Therapy

This morning Arianna had her speech therapy. Joanie was so excited about all her progress. Of course Arianna doesn't talk as much with Joanie but she was still excited. She thinks Arianna is probably right on track with her speech, maybe just a little bit behind. She is going to bring the assessment forms next time she comes. Speaking of next time, she is cutting her speech therapy to once a month!!!! I can't believe it. The past year we have been so stressed about her speech and now she is getting her speech knocked down.

I'm actually taking Arianna to my sisters this afternoon so Robert and I can go watch a movie at the cheap theatre. I don't see how people can spend $40 at the expensive theatre. I'm so looking forward to the little break. Then we plan on heading to Wal-Mart to do some Christmas shopping since we haven't done any yet. I know....it's horrible.

Hope you all are doing well!

6 comments:

**Colleen** said...

WTG Arianna!! That is so good to hear. Hmmm, no christmas shopping yet?? Well, you have had a busy week, so you have an excuse! lol
Have fun @ the movies.

Kathy said...

Ok...I don't check on you for three days...and look at what I miss!!
first...zoo lights...i love it! We've been to the one in Phoenix a couple of times...I LOVE IT! Did you know that we don't have a zoo here in Vegas? I think Phoenix or San Diego is the closest:(
second...CONGRATS on passing your exam! You are crazy to take it again to get a higher grade...my motto was always: They don't put your grade on your diploma...so, just pass!!

third...speech once a month...you have to be so excited! She's doing some amazing things...looks like her mama is doing some pretty amazing things at home to make it all happen!!!
Thanks for the updates!!!

The Portas said...

Catching up on you guys....LOVE the pictures, CONGRATS on passing (!!!), and YAY for Arianna's speech. That is just awesome. You are such a good mama. Without you, she wouldn't be where she is now. Hugs to you guys..xoxo

Tracy said...

Hey, great to hear from you. I had lost your blog address a while ago when my original computer broke down. So I'm glad you found us again. I can put you in my favorites again.

To answer your question yes we'll be seeing a different doctor but we have to go to Cincinnati to do it. We've exhausted our GI options at our other Children's hospitals. They either don't listen to us or they listen but don't do testing to find out what the problem is.
We'll be going in Feburary. We origninally were supposed to go in October before the snowfall ( we get lots of snow , I mean we measure it in feet). But something happened with our insurance and to this day I don't know. So it had to be rescheduled and our next date isn't until Feb 10. We'll be seeing GI, Nephrology , Urology and an allergist on top of having surgery done in the Colorectal clinic ( Maggie has a prolapse that needs to be repaired.)
So we are. Just that its not going to be until February. Sigh.

Glad to see that Arianna is doing well right now. Especially in this cold and flu season. We've been pretty fortunate too right now.No hospitalizations yet. But then we've kept to home pretty much right now.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/margaretreed1

Unknown said...

I hope you enjoy your date night. No Christmas shopping yet, I have been done for over a month :)
Have fun shopping. Karen

Mami Adame said...

What good news to hear she is doing so well with speech. Arianna must come over and chat with Angelina!