Friday, August 28, 2009

Immunology appointment today

Today was our annual appointment with the immunologist. Arianna had labs drawn a few weeks ago so we have been waiting to get the results. I knew we were going to get a good report but I wasn't expecting this....we were discharged from immunology!!! Can you believe it?!?! Arianna's immune system is functioning like a typical 2 year old. :) I just about feel out my chair when he told me that. We just have to get an annual CBC done, which her pediatrician can do, and if something looks suspicious we can go in to see him. Othewise...NO MORE IMMUNOLOGIST!

When she was born I was told how sick she was going to be and how she would probably need IVIG therapy every 4 weeks for the rest of her life. A common cold would put her in the hospital and who knows what else would happen. We have come along way since those day.

So I'm sitting here today just overwhelmed with emotions. Arianna WILL go to school and have friends and do all the things a healthy child should do. Yes, we still have to worry about her heart and lungs but we don't have to feel so isolated anymore. No I won't go around you if you have the flu or a cold but I will no longer live in a bubble.

So today was a GOOD day! :)

After that wonderful report we got to take Arianna's Holter monitor back to the hospital. I'm not sure how long it will take to get the results but I'm assuming sometime next week.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend...I know mine has started out great!

5 comments:

mina said...

Vanessa, such a blessing that Arianna's immune system is functioning well. No more bubble! Imagine the possibilities!

Amyacl said...

Hooray for such great news! I'm so happy for both of you.

The Portas said...

Oh Vanessa, this is such wonderful news. I feel your happiness.

YAY for getting rid of the bubble and YAY for answered prayers!!!!

Jane said...

What an amazing report! Congratulations, I'm so thrilled for you guys!!!!

SUE AND SHAY said...

Wow what good news enjoy your new freedome!!!