Sunday, October 4, 2009

Long time no post...sorry!

I can't believe it's been this long since I've posted. Guess I'm addicted to using Facebook these days. :)

So let's see....what has been going on...let's get the not so good stuff out the way first.

Arianna went to the dentist last week and found out she has her first cavity. :( I feel like it's totally my fault and that makes me feel horrible. Because of her heart condition she needs to have this done in the hospital under anesthesia. I HATE putting her under again. It's been SO long since she has had to be put under. This will be the first time I have to explain to her what is going to happen and I'm not looking forward to that. Anyone have any suggestions on how to explain that to a 2-year-old that understands everyone???

I'm just going to post alot of pictures from the past few weeks...starting with today. Let's just say I was outnumbered. GO COWBOYS!!! (Even if Romo sucks!)

Ari & Tata
Ari & Kyoni (sister)

Cyrus(brother) , Ari & Ciara (cousin)


In this picture we made Ari a ninja mask out of toilet paper..lol!
Ari & Shawn (cousin)
Cyrus, Ari, Shawn, Bryce (cousins)
Had a great night when they all stayed the night!
We made these cute pumpkins out of navel oranges and filled them with fruit salad! YUM!


4 comments:

jencooper said...

Hang in there. Try not to stress too much about the teeth...at least that is what I keep telling myself. Gracie has to be put under. She has to have 2 pulpotomies, 2 crowns, and an 80% chance of 2 other crowns. They will decide once they get in there. I am waiting to hear back from the surgery coordinator to see when we go in.

Ari is adorable. She is getting so big!!

<3,
Jennifer

SUE AND SHAY said...

Shay had her first dentist appointment recently also she found a way to not have any dental work done she decided to scream and refuse to open her mouth I quess that is one way of avoiding the problem. We will be trying again soon. As for the scroliosis Shay is only corrected down to 16 degrees with her brace on without it she is at 38 degrees. So that means that she will need to be in a brace until she is done growing possibly. We can only watch and see what her curve will do and try to prevent it from getting worse by bracing the brace will not correct the curve without it in place. The doctor did say that down the road if the curve stays consistent we may be able to reduce the hours in the brace but there has been no talk of going without. I do have to say it has gone better then I imagined she is able to do all the things that she wants to do and has been very easy going about wearing the brace. The doctor just said that there is no way to predict the future with this everyone is different however we do know the the curve does occure during times of rapid growth so like puberty for instance will be another time when she is watched very closly. What is Arianna'a cure measured at right now?? our new email address is laumerfamily@meltel.net

SUE AND SHAY said...

oh I forgot to add I can understand your comment about facebook I am addicted also.

The Portas said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about the cavity. Try not to beat yourself up about this. For me, staying on top of Elijah's teeth has been the least of my worries!

Thanks for the update! It's so great to see pics of that little beauty. I love seeing her hangin' with her siblings and cousins. xo