Thursday, July 24, 2008

Normalcy

Tuesday I went to the mall to meet a dear friend of mine and actually took Arianna! This was the first time she's been inside a mall besides when we had the Heart Walk inside Tucson Mall, which was before it was even opened. LOL! She did so well just sat in her stroller and watched all the people. I did really well until we sat down at the food court to eat lunch. Arianna wanted out of her stroller and wanted to play with all the other kids at the play are. My friends daughter, Alyssa who is 6, was running around playing at the playland and I know Arianna wanted to go with her. It was just really nice to be out with a girlfriend and enjoying normal day things. I actually wasn't that paranoid either, well to a normal person they would think I was paranoid but I was better than I've been in the past.

Then yesterday Arianna was invited to a birthday party which is being held at a local park next Friday and since it's outdoors I'm able to take Arianna out for a little while. It's only a hand full of people too so I'm not freaking out either.

Then last night we all went to church!! I can't tell you how long it's been since all of us went to church. She did really well and even sat in the sanctuary for majority of the service. Wednesday nights have less people and only an hour long so we will probably start going to church on Wednesdays instead of Sunday.

So as you can see we are enjoying some normalcy in our life.

6 comments:

Samantha said...

yay for normal!!! love to hear that vanessa!

love,
samantha

Kathy said...

Vanessa,
I am SO proud of you!!!
baby steps..but, doesn't it feel SO GOOD!!!
What an amazing week! It's an amazing feeling...to feel normal again!

love,
Kathy

Tina:0) said...

Welcome to normalcy! It seems like it takes forever to get there with these special kiddos, but once you're there, its sooo much sweeter! Just think, before you know it she'll be dragging you all over the place! Glad you were able to get out & be "normal!"

jencooper said...

You have had a great week!! Church and the mall...and a birthday party. That is so great. I am so happy for you!!

Let's give a big cheer for normal!

<3,
jennifer

mina said...

I'm sooooo excite for you! Vanessa, I know it HAD to be hard for you to build up the courage to take Arianna out places. Now who knows where you'd be headed next?!

Jamie said...

Hi Vanessa-
My name is Jamie Masengale from MLH of St.Pete. My daughter also has DiGeorge! She was born on 1/25/06. I found out through Tanya that your daughter has DGS. You can visit her carepage if you would like olivia1256.

Heart Hugs <3
Jamie Masengale