Saturday, July 12, 2008

Writing down my thoughts

I wasn't going to post this but I decided to anyways. I have never written a poem before but the other night I was up working on support group stuff and this is what transpired.


Recovery
By: Vanessa West

I remember the moment my life stood still,

when the sound of a heart beat was all I could hear.

Not knowing when, how, or why,

but trusting in my faith to get me by.

One day at a time

was all I could do,

Just watching, waiting, not knowing what to do.

You wish you could trade the place with your child,

just so you could see that precious little smile.

“The days will be rough”, one heart mom told me,

but how am I suppose to let this all be.

The day finally comes and there’s no place to hide,

I have to give over this precious little child.

The hours drag on as you wait for some news,

just to know your baby will be with you soon.

The wait is over and all you can see,

is your precious little baby as pink as can be.

I remember the day one heart mom told me,

“You’ve made it across to r-e-c-o-v-e-r-y!!!”

7 comments:

jencooper said...

Vanessa - that is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing that with us. I really appreciate it. What an amazing poem!

<3,
Jennifer

www.caringbridge.org/visit/gracecooper

Kathy said...

GOod job Vanessa...that was beauatiful! You've found a second calling!!!
Be sure to share that with everyone you meet...

lots of love,
Kathy

Tina:0) said...

That was wonderful! I've never had a talent for poetry, but you certainly do. It sums everything up perfectly! I agree with Kathy, be sure to share it!

BTW - I love the new look of your blog, so very grown up as Arianna is becoming!

Luv & hugs!
Tina

Samantha said...

That was beautiful...I have goose bumps. Thank you for sharing.

Love ya,
samantha

Unknown said...

Thanks ladies. I've never been one to do poetry either. I just needed to put things down in writing and this is what I came up with.

((HUGS))

mina said...

Vanessa, that was beautiful, thanks for sharing your emotions in such a sweet way!

The Portas said...

Beautiful! I love it. Thank you for sharing this. xoxo