Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Potty-training

Two weeks ago we bought a potty for Arianna to start potty-training. I know she's young but I figured it couldn't hurt to get her used to the potty. The first 4 days I was putting her on it and signing 'potty' when I put her on it. She always follows me into the bathroom when I go to the bathroom and I just sign to her potty and she goes about doing her own thing. Looks like it has paid off cause tonight we were eating dinner, by the way she is eating really well, then she looked at me and signed 'potty'. I immediatly picked her up and went to the bathroom. She sat on the potty for about 1 minute reading a book and then she went poop!!! Sorry for the gross details but this is VERY exciting for me. Who would of thought I would be so excited over poop! LOL! Looks like she is ready for this potty-training business so I better start using it more.

7 comments:

Kathy said...

ME...I'd be excited about pooping in the potty!!!
Potty training...I dread it! Because, something tells me that a kid needs to WALK to be able to walk to the potty...GOSH...SO...I'm glad that Arianna can walk...and walk to the potty no less!! She needs a WHOO WHOOP!!!
YEAH!!!
What a big girl!
You should pat yourself on the back for working so hard with her!

Tina:0) said...

That's wonderful! Yeah for pooping! lol:0) One huge milestone. Gabby was nearly 3 1/2 before she was trained... too much going on to give her the full attention she needed!

I'm with Kathy. I can't wait til Vaeh walks so that I can start training her! She's starting to show signs that she's ready, but I don't think I am:0)!

Glad she's doing so well & eating well, too! Have her send Vaeh some pointers, will ya?!

Take Care! Lots of luv & hugs!

Amyacl said...

I don't blame you for being excited - I would feel exactly the same way, and I'm sure I will when Sebastian gets there. Better for me not to think about it too much, though - it's a long way in the future for us! Great work, Arianna!

The Portas said...

Wow, what a big girl! Since Elijah can't even crawl yet, I think we'll be waiting a while on the potty training.

GOOD JOB, Arianna!

jencooper said...

Way to go Arianna!! That is amazing!!

<3,
Jennifer

Pam said...

Way to go Arianna! What a big girl to figure that thing out. You friend Madison has no idea except that she hates to sit when her diapers are full! You would think she would rather sit and read and poop like you! Good girl and keep it up.
Love ,Pam and Madison
www.caringbridge.org/visit/madison

mina said...

Woo hoo! We are making slow progress, sounds like Arianna will be there before Bilal!