Monday, September 24, 2012

Cardiac MRI

Arianna had her 6 month check up with the cardiologists in August. The echo showed her an increase in her right ventricle size, which warranted another MRI to be done. On Monday, September 17th we took her to UMC for her cardiac MRI.

 On our way to the hospital. She has "Coco" and her Beads of Courage!
She did amazing this time during the wait. She was not nervous or anything. She knew she had to "go to sleep" for the procedure. It wasn't until I walked her back that she freaked out and clung to me like a little monkey. As always, it was the hardest thing to do. I sat her on my lap and pinned her down while I forced the mask on her face. She cried and cried and asked me to take her home. Finally she feel asleep and off we went.


The scan took almost 2 hours! Since she always experiences headaches we asked for them to give IV Tylenol before waking her up. She also gets her antinausea medicine ever since her exercist episode a few years back! She woke up great this time without the delerium or headaches. With my girl in my arms we were able to go home!

My mom is always at all our procedures, appointments and surgery. Arianna makes a point to call her and make sure she will be there. Here they are at home after she watched a movie and relaxed. My mom always makes these fun crafts with her! Thanks Mom!

No comments: