Monday, September 24, 2012

Treasure Box

A dear friend of mine, Pam Miller, has a daughter with DiGeorge as well. She was telling me about this great idea to do for Arianna's hospital stay. Her daughter recently had a mouth surgery and this was a hit for her.

We make a Treasure Box and every time Arianna does something brave or courageous she gets to pick out a present! We were already planning on buying toys and gifts for her to have after surgery so why not make it fun and exciting with a treasure box!

So today for our craft project that is exactly what we made!


Still no word from her cardiologist about a surgery date so we have not told her yet. She asked a few times what we were making this for. Broke my heart. I told her we will be using it soon and left it at that.

Since Arianna has her dental work on Thursday she is asking about that today. She likes to know the exact date it will happen. She knows she needs to go to sleep and have a tube in her throat. :( It breaks my heart for my daughter to have to know all of this but she is one smart cookie and put two and two together last time when she woke up with a sore throat.

Blogging is something that really helps me so I'm sure to be posting alot over the next month or so!

No comments: