Thursday, September 27, 2012

Dental Surgery

 Getting ready

Trying to stay preoccupied before she goes back
 We actually had a special treat. My friend was our admitting nurse! She gave Arianna some versed to help calm her nerves before going back and I got to get the "bunny suit" so I could take her into the OR. This was the first time she was premeded so I didn't know what to expect. When they rolled her into the OR she was not that scared. Told me, "Hey I've been in this room before." They let her keep doing her stickers and then put the mask on. She is terrified of that cause it smells bad. But because I told her about her brave heart sister, Sofia, and how she went last week and held her mask herself, Arianna put on a brave face, cried a little and held the mask with me. She was out and I left.

After an hour and  a half I got to go back and see her. Poor thing was actually awake a bit when they took the breathing tube out her nose. She told me later this afternoon. :( Breaks my heart. But since she received versed and demerol while in the OR she took awhile to wake up. When she was up and able to move around and talk they discharged us.

 The second we got back in the car she was back out. When we got home I put her in bed, did a breathing treatment and we BOTH took a 4 hour nap. Just what we needed!
She was very sleepy all afternon and didn't play much. I felt so bad cause I was trying to get ready for school but realized she needed me so I stayed home. Thankfully my instructor is letting me take my exam on Monday!

She wanted to go to bed early cause the pain meds wore off and she was sore. So I tucked her bed and our dog, Angel, gave her all the lovin' she needed!




No comments: