Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Are you serious?!?!

Okay, I know hate is a strong word but I really do hate Lab Corp. I talked to the immunology nurse again today and she spoke with the manager at Lab Corp who said Arianna's labs are no where to be found. How do you draw 3 viles of blood from a child, or anyone for that matter, and LOSE the viles. If you can't tell...I am pissed!!! I told her I was sick of Lab Corp and asked if we could go somewhere else. I talked to my insurance company and they said all I need is a prior authorization to have them drawn at the hospital. So the wonderful immunology nurse is putting that together and we're hoping this means we can go to the hospital from now on. I'm hoping we can have this approved before next Tuesday since Arianna will be there for her CT's and scope. It's just not right having to subject a child to numberous blood draws. UGH!

10 comments:

mina said...

Vent as much as you need to, you sure have a right to! Hoping all goes well next week.

The Portas said...

You have every right to be upset, that is AWFUL! Where in the world did the blood go? How do you lose blood?

ARG! I'm frustrated for you! I hope you can find a more reliable source of blood drawing for your little girl so you don't have to go through this again.

Sending you lots of hugs!

Samantha said...

That is just unacceptable! It is hard enough to get the blood drawn, now they go and lose it! RIDICULOUS! Sorry that you are dealing with that. We have had Micah's blood lost before too, and once they actually forgot to run the actual test that the doctor ordered! Luckily, we caught it in time, but we almost had to redraw. Sorry!

Hugs,
Samantha

Tina:0) said...

That's just wrong! I hope you write a letter to the owner, and or manager of the lab voicing your disgust with their facility! It will be nice, however, if you can just go to the hospital to have the draw done! Hope all goes well with her tests! We'll keep you all in our prayers!

Jane said...

What a bummer, I'd be pretty tweaked too.

Thinking of you guys and checking in...

jencooper said...

How frustrating!! I know several people who have had trouble with LabCorp. I am so glad that you have a nurse who is helping you get taken care of!!

<3,
Jennifer

Kathy said...

Girl...
We're with you on this one!!! We've gone go LabCorp ONCE...and that was the last time! (they didn't know what could be taken by heel and what needed to come from a vein--silly!!)...we ONLY use the hospital or our cardiologist's lab. Hope they give you approval for hospital labs only!!
Don't let this ruin your week....
hang in there!

Colin's Blog said...

Finally getting to your blog Vanessa! Arianna is adorable. That is terrible-it is so stressful when these little ones have to get blood drawn and they are never easy sticks!! Good luck.

Melanie

Kristin said...

Hello, thank you for the post on Janey's carepage. Arianna is adorable, and has been through so mcuh. Will be praying for her upcoming tests.

Andrea said...

That is just awful! What a pain. I am so sorry you have had such a difficult time with those labs!