Sunday, April 6, 2008

How I like to spend my Sundays

Sometimes I like to take Arianna to the airfield where Robert flys his RC planes. Arianna LOVES to go out there. Check out the pictures from today.



I just love those two!


Check her out...working on Daddy's plane!


She was signing "airplane".


Okay Daddy, it's ready for you to fly!




After the airfield we had to head over to drop off our application for a new house. No, we're not buying, but we are trying to get out of our current house. We have completely out grown this house in the 12 months we've been here. It's kind of hard to sit here and think back to what was happening this time last year. I was a complete wreck as we approached Arianna's surgery date. I tried so hard to be strong for her and didn't want her to see me cry. I would do pretty good then I would go to bed and cry myself to sleep just thinking about what my daughter would have to go through in the weeks to come. I am SO happy to be on the other side of surgery. Today I sit here staring at my beautiful daughter and thank God for all that he has done for us. I have such a wonderful life and wonderful family. I know every day is a blessing from God. I may not know what the future holds but I know someone who does and I rather leave it in His hands!

So all week I've really been wanting to go out for ice cream. For those of you that don't know, I've been doing Weight Watchers to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. We'll I've lost 32 pounds and very excited about that. I look at food in a whole new way. I want to set a good example for my family and provide them with healthy, nutritious meals. So.....when I say, "Hey, lets go to Baskin-Robbins!" You better believe I get some strange looks. I know we need to treat ourselves from time to time and that is exactly what we did tonight. My mom has given Arianna ice cream before and she seemed to like it so I thought this would be a good treat. We got her chocolate chip ice cream and you can tell from the next picture that she liked it! I think she ate 1 tablespoon and I was SO excited! Anything to get my baby to put some weight on...right!



I didn't have my camera but thanks to my camera phone we were able to get a picture of Arianna enjoying some ice cream! She was SO tired. She only had a 30 minute nap today so she was ready to pass out while eating her ice cream. She was so out of it that she ended up falling asleep on the way home.

Tomorrow we are going to see the neurosurgeon to have him review Arianna's MRI that was done of her brain and spine. Our pediatrician told us he is qualified enough to review her MRI and if he feels confident that nothing is wrong than I don't need to go any further. I was really hoping to get a pediatric neurosurgeon to read this but we don't have one here in Tucson. I've sent a letter to a pediatric neurosurgeon in Phoenix, but yet to hear back from him. I have one more option, thanks to an online support group, so I'll try that one next. I'm not looking forward to seeing this guy tomorrow. He has a really horrible bedside manner but everyone says he is an excellent surgeon. Guess I don't have a choice in the matter so I'll just stick it out and try not to let him get to me too much. I'll let you all know how that appointment goes when I get home.


4 comments:

Tina:0) said...

Way to go, Mommy! You look great! Arianna looks as if she was having the time of her life in the pictures. She also seemed to really enjoy her ice cream! I can't wait for the day that Vaeh eats stuff like that, who we kidding - stuff in general! Hopefully things go well with the neurosurgeon!

Wendy said...

Hi Vanessa,

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've left any notes! I think of you and sweet Arianna so often, and I do come by to check in....just haven't had time to write lately.

I love the new pictures of Arianna with her daddy's airplane! She looks like such a big girl all of a sudden!! What a sweetheart!

And way to go on the weight loss, Vanessa!!! That's awesome! I keep hoping that once we get this next surgery behind us that I'll be able to lose some, too. My emotions and stress get the best of me.

Well, give your precious girl a big hug from us!

Lots of Love,

Wendy (& Emma, too!)

www.caringbridge.org/visit/emmanicole

The Portas said...

It's always so frustrating dealing with doctors with a bad bedside manner. If they're that good, I'll put up with it (and as long as I don't have to see them THAT much). Good luck! I hope you get the results you are looking for.

32 lbs lost, that is great! Nice work. I'm glad you guys were able to enjoy some ice cream. Everyone needs a little ice cream treat now and then.

The pics are great! Thanks for sharing..xoxo

jencooper said...

Arianna looked like she really liked ice cream! Yummy!! Sounds delicious!

Great job on losing the weight! I need to get on that kick!!

<3,
Jennifer