Monday, March 30, 2009

Today started out by taking Arianna to get x-rays of her knees and a blood draw. I felt so bad because I told her about the blood draw at home before we left and she gave me the sad face and said, "No!" Then she started telling me "boo boo knees" and I explained we have to get the x-rays (or pictures is what I tell her) of her knees and blood draw so we can try to find out how to fix her knees. She said okay but wasn't very happy.

She did excellent for the x-rays. Of course, Buddy, the x-ray man, is always so nice to her and that helps ease the anxiety. Then across the hall to the lab and as soon as we sat down in the chair she started crying. It was so sad to watch her go through this while I'm holding her on my lap and pinning her arm down. :( They should have the results back on her lab work by tomorrow so we will have the results for our doctor appointments on Wednesday.

On the way home we stopped by my grandparents house because Ari was saying "Poppy and Nanny" the whole time she was in the car. She sure loves her her Poppy and Nanny. She is so blessed to have 2 great-grandparents in her life that love her so much.

Then, my mom came over after work to plant some flowers with Arianna. This kid gets sympathy from everyone.

Grams also brought Ari a cool bubble blower. She loved it!

Then they got to plant the flowers...






It's 10pm and she just fell asleep. She was complaining about her knees again tonight, which has become a nightly thing. I hope we get some answers soon. I was told by a friend of mine that if a child has rheumatoid arthritis that the knee joints will be warm to the touch. I hate to say this but for the past 2 nights I've checked and her knees are warm to the touch. So, please say a prayer for Arianna that she does NOT have RA. I couldn't imagine having to go through your entire life with arthritis. I feel bad for anyone that is struggling with this disease.
We have nothing planned for tomorrow so it will be a nice day at home! :)


7 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Having to hold your child down for shots or even worse, blood draws is the WORST feeling in the world! At least they can get it from her arm. I have to hold down Kira's head to get the bulging veins in her forehead. (I'm a much meaner mom.) Hopefully they figure this all out soon.

Unknown said...

She is so cute. I hope you get some answers real soon so she can get help with her knees.
I hope you all have a nice week.
The weather here is nice in the low 70's.

SUE AND SHAY said...

Wow Vanessa we had the exact same day except we had to drive through six inches of snow to see our doctor today. Shay had x-rays of her left knee today and blood work done as well. At this time we only know that she does not have mono or strep but she does have elevated platelets but we do not know what that means until we get her inflamation markers back (CRP).

The Portas said...

Her hair is getting so long! Soooo pretty!

I'm glad you got the tests out of the way. A step closer to answers! We dealth with a tearful blood draw this week, too. It's sooo tough to watch your child cry out of pain. :(

We will pray for no RA! (hey, I rhymed!)

Have a good day! xo

Wendy said...

Hi Vanessa,

I sure hope that everything is all right with Arianna's knees! That poor thing...I'm glad that Grandma bought her a fun bubble blower! :) It's so hard when they know the hospital all too well...

I just cannot get over what a big girl she's become. Where does the time go?

I loved seeing all of her most recent pictures...fishing and eating pizza. She's adorable! And just look at how far she has come over the years....truly amazing.

Give that little sweetheart a big hug from us! She is always in my thoughts and prayers.

Lots of Love,

Wendy (& Emma, too!) ~ 3-years-old, 6q deletion, TOF

www.caringbridge.org/visit/emmanicole

P.S. I'm passing this along to all of our "hero" friends. I didn't know if you'd ever seen this or not.
www.littlestheroesproject.org

Kathy said...

OH....I don't like blood draws one bit. and I don't like that I can't explain it to Isaac yet...he just doesn't get it yet...
I don't want her to have RA either...isn't the heart and digeorge enough to deal with???

I'll say my prayers for you to find an answer...and an answer that you can help her with.

I'm going to have to take a drive to phoenix to take the kids to the zoo...we'll have to make it a date and meet up!

mina said...

I bet the flowers will be beautiful like Arianna. Sorry that she had to go through all those tests, but I hope you get encouraging news about her knees.