Monday, June 22, 2009

I have to make this quick. I took Ari to the peds and found out OUR pediatrician has already left the practice along with all the regular nurses. They made me wait in the waiting room for an hour before seeing us. Mind you I had no idea if she had swine flu so I had a mask on her the whole time. It wasn't until she threw up in her face mask (poor baby) and I was holding puke in my hand that they let us go into a room. The doc was not too concerned because swine flu is more respiratory and Ari has none of that. Thank GOD!! She told me what to watch for and if anything take her to the new childrens ER if I was concerned.

So after getting home I was more concerned because her hands and feet were a tint of blue all morning long. Her temp was 103 and she slept for hours. I called our ped who was out of town and she called in Tamiflu for us. This is what treats the swine flu. Just in case Arianna does have it. For whatever reason Arizona is no longer testing people in the clinic for this. You have to be hospitalized in order to get tested and I dont want to wait till she is that bad. There is no harm in taking Tamiflu for her so its a win win situation, except the fact that insurance didn't cover it and it's expensive.

Well have to run.....

8 comments:

The Portas said...

I was talking to some nurses about the swine flu while we were in the hospital this weekend and none of them every mentioned vomiting as a common symptom of it. It's more sore throat, fever, cough.. I'm sure she is fine, but it's good that you're being proactive!

I hope she feels better soon!! xo

mina said...

Hope Arianna is better soon!

Unknown said...

I hope Arianna Gets to feeling better real fast, I always hate it when my kids throw up it is the worst thing.

Lots of hugs coming your way and try and get some rest.

Kathy said...

Poor little thing.
I hope it's just a quick tummy bug and the expensive meds help kick it!

Thanks for the update!

Tina:0) said...

Oh, no:0( I hope Arianna feels better soon!! Its no fun when our little one's doing feel good. Hope she's back to 100% soon!

Give her big hugs from us!

jencooper said...

I hope that Ari is feeling much better now. I am finally back in town and trying to get caught up on all of my favorite blogs!

I hope that you were able to do fun things this week.

<3,
jennifer

Jane said...

Ugh! Sorry Vanessa. Hope you're on the mend soon. Vomiting is THE WORST.

Pam said...

Hi, I have been without my computer again so I didn't have your site. Sorry to hear that Arianna has been sick. Hopefully by now she is feeling better. These girls can give you a scare can't they??? This last time Madison was sick her 02 was dropping into the low 90's. She stays right at 98 or 99 usually. It was a bit concerning but after a few days of antibiotics she was good as new.
Take care and enjoy your weekend
Pam and Madison
www.caringbridge.org/visit/madison