Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Last weekend we had a little birthday party at the house for Cyrus. As you can see Arianna had to get into the action of blowing out candles. All the adults let her blow out their birthday candles so I was curious how she would react when it was brothers turn.



Of course he just loves her to pieces and left a candle just for his sis. Awwww...



Cyrus was even nice enough to let his little sis help open his presents. How couldn't you after looking at this. lol!



Arianna has been doing really well. She is taling ALOT! She is putting so many words together and saying new things all the time.

She has also been dealing with some anxiety about snakes and baths lately which I'm hoping goes away soon.

I'm actualy getting ready for a trip this weekend. I'll be going to Orlando for a Mended Little Hearts Convention! Can't wait to be in a room with 45 heart moms! I've worked with these amazing women for the past year and a half so it's going to be awesome to finally meet most of them.

However, this will be my first time away from Arianna for an entire weekend and I'm getting that mommy guilt. I'm also VERY nervous about flying. Just keep me in your prayers please. :) I leave very early Friday morning and will be back very late Sunday night. I'll post with tons of pictures when I get back.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

10 comments:

The Portas said...

No mommy guilt! No way, not at all. One of the things I always tell myself when I leave Elijah is that it truly is really really good for him to learn to be happy for short stints without me. If he doesn't learn that, then the anxiety will be worse for him in school, etc. Besides, it's good for YOU, too. If you're like me you will miss your baby, but that Mama Time is very important.

As for the flying, I always think about the odds. If I start to get nervous on a plane I envision all the hundreds of thousands of planes that fly all the time. The odds of something happening to this little plane I'm in are SO incredibly low. Everything will be fine!!

You are going to have a great time! And I'm so excited that Arianna is speaking so well and putting words together. Yay for the sweet girl!! xo

Unknown said...

I am so glad she is talking alot, I hope you have fun at the convention sounds like you will meet alot of Heart Mom's while you are there.

Have fun and report back...

mina said...

How exciting to be going to the convention! I'm sure Arianna will do fine!

Wendy said...

Hi Vanessa,

Arianna is so cute!! I just looked at all of her new photos and videos. She is getting to be such a big girl, talking and playing and graduating from Early Intervention! (The hat was adorable, even though she didn't like it! ha!)

I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip to Florida! I am so proud of you for the role you play in helping other heart moms. I loved seeing that video clip of you and Arianna on the news. Seeing the close up of Arianna's scar made tears come to my eyes....what amazing kids we have, huh?

Take care, and have a safe and fun time! I'm sure Arianna will be just fine and will have a big hug waiting for you when you get home!

Lots of Love & Prayers,

Wendy (& Emma, too!)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/emmanicole

Tina:0) said...

I'm with Megan... you need Mommy time & Ari needs "Ari" time:0) Its hard, but good for some time apart - especially when that time apart doesn't involve a hospital stay!!

She's getting soo big! Before we know it, they'll be the ones having conversations instead of their Moms!

Hope you have a safe, wonderful trip... can't wait to hear & see all about it!

Give Ari big hugs from Vaeh & all of us!

Tina:0) said...

Oh, & what a SWEET big brother... sharing his special day with his sissy! He's a special guy to let a little girl cramp his style!

jencooper said...

Woohoo!! I am finally able to get on the internet. I have been dealing with internet issues for a long time!!

I promise that I have been keeping up with what is going on!

I hope that you had an incredible time in Orlando. I can't wait to read all about it!

<3,
Jennifer

Anderson Family said...

Cyrus is such a good big brother. I wouldn't have shared at his age. But then again, Ari does have a way that makes you want to do anything for her, unless you're her mom and need to say NO! Although I know that's her favorite word.

Kathy said...

oh my gosh...how fun!!!
I want to go!!
Be brave...you can do it.
I hope it's a non-stop flight!
Have a great time....
and Arianna talking...oh...I want to see that. She's growing up so fast!

Mami Adame said...

Hope you had a good trip! Cant wait to hear how much Arianna is talking!