Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Road to recovery

Arianna took her last dose of the Tamiflu on Friday. She still has a runny nose which shows no sign of letting up. Thankfully the benadryl really helps with that.

I lost my voice for a few days, which I'm sure Robert wasn't too upset about. lol! I'm almost 100% back to my healthy self! :)

My family left last Thursday and it's been a quite house ever since. I SO miss having my cousin here but she promised to come back for Thanksgiving! :)

Today I let Arianna spend a few hours at my girlfriends house while I went to an appointment. Arianna had a blast! Not once did she ask for me. :(

She came home about 3pm and played for another 2 hours before she started acting extremely tired. By 5:15 she was falling asleep so I stuck her in the bath. That wasn't the best idea, she just sleep through the entire bath. Normally I don't let her nap during the day because she will stay up till midnight. Well there was no keeping this little one up. I thought she would get up about 7pm ready to party but she stayed asleep.

About 8pm she woke up saying she was hungry so I fed her some yogurt. The entire time I was feeding her her eyes were closed. I got a little worried because this is not her norm but when I checked her satsthey were running in the high 90's. Guess she just needed some extra sleep.

She is still getting blue hands and feet every now and then. The last time was yesterday during her therapy session. It wasn't even that cold in my house and she was standing up. Normally it happens after the pool but she was bone dry. Hmmm...not sure what to think of that. I have her scheduled to see her pediatrician next Friday at the new clinic so I'll see what she thinks.

So all this thinking about her heart made me realize we see the cardiologist next month. Every time we get closer to that appointment I get butterflies in my stomach. I'll try to forget about it for the next few weeks. Besdies we have to get through the pulmonology appointment first which is on July 16th.

Well I guess thats about it. I know this is a pictureless post so I'll take some pictures soon.

4 comments:

The Portas said...

Anticipating appointments always puts butterflies in my tummy, too. I completely sympathize with that anxiety. I always think, it's good to get them done and have more information.

It just stinks that we constantly have to worry about every single little thing, doesn't it? I do the same thing..if Elijah is extra tired, I start to worry about his heart, lungs, everything...ughhh!

I hope Arianna is feeling better very soon! I'm glad she is on the downward slope. Hugs and kisses sent her way! xo

Anderson Family said...

I'm so glad that you're all getting better. Trust the sats. Kira was turning herself blue and sating 99%.

mina said...

Yup, we're all familiar with those pre-appointment nerves! I hope the appointment goes well. And I hope that Arianna had a more energetic day today. It hard not to worry sometimes, isn't it?

Unknown said...

I am glad to here that you are all starting to feel better, Hopefully everyone will stay that way for awhile.