Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Nothing new to report here. Arianna is growing up more and more every day. I'm constantly amazed at all the new things she is doing. Like this morning I was getting ready and I walked in the living room and there she was skipping around the room. She totally cracked me up.

She has not been eating very well again, which really drives me crazy. All I want is for my little girl to eat. UGH!!!

I went to the hospital for a few hours this afternoon to attend a meeting with some of the pediatric cardiologists. This was for our support group and I have to tell you it was so great to see the doctor that took care of Arianna after her heart surgery. He recently retired so I wasn't expecting to see him there. Of course Arianna's cardiologist was there and he took it upon himself to introduce me and said alot of nice things about me. He makes me love him more every time I see him. Shhh...don't tell Robert.

After the meeting I visited with several families in the PICU. There is one foster mom whom I visited with over the past several weeks and today while talking with her she asked if I was a co-founder of Mended Little Hearts of Tucson. I told her I was the founder and she was very impressed. She wanted to know more about my situation and my daughter. I told her Arianna has DiGeorge Syndrome and she totally freaked out. A friend of hers, who is a foster mom as well, has a 15 year old boy who has a very rare case, he has DiGeorge and partial Down Syndrome. I never even knew that was possible. I guess he's on IVIG, has severe sinusitis, was born with a very rare heart defect (but she didn't know what), and several other things. Anyways, I gave her my number to pass on to this woman and I hope she calls me. I've never meet anyone locally who has a child with DiGeorge Syndrome.

I took this picture cause my friend gave me some clothes since her daughter is 4 months older than Arianna and I didn't think this outfit would fit on her. It's a size 2T! I know some of other 2T pants don't fit her but I was still excited to see her fit into this outfit.

And check out my new license plate!!!

I ordered it last month and I was so excited when it came in the mail the other day.

10 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

oh... i really like your license plate..

hey.. i tried to list your blog on my dashboard as a "blog to follow".. but it won't allow me...

it says that the URL can't be detected...?

Tina:0) said...

She's getting soooo big - they do that too fast, don't they?! In 2T already?! I wouldn't worry about her eating:0)

I love the plate! Maybe I'll have to do that here - since we're in different states maybe it'll be available!

Thanks for checking in on me... & give Arianna big hugs!

The Portas said...

I have the same problem as Terri when trying to list your blog anywhere that I can "follow" it.

Nice license plate! How cute, I love it. Too bad you can't fit the word "awesome" before it.

I hope Arianna starts eating well for you again soon. And way to go on the heart group stuff. I hope you're able to connect with the local DiGeorge mama. I'm sure you could both get a lot out of chatting with each other.

Take care...xoxoox

mina said...

Sounds like a productive day. Love the new plates!

Kathy said...

I lOVE the plates...you are stylin' in AZ!!! whoo hooo!

Sweet pics of Arianna...she's as beautiful as always!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Oh, I meant to tell you..

I used to live in Yuma for a little while.. and Phoenix.

Amyacl said...

So glad to hear that things are going well! It's just amazing to watch them grow and learn new things, isn't it? Arianna seems to look more and more adorable!

jencooper said...

I love the license plates!! They are awesome.

She is adorable. I am so happy that she is doing well -- except for not eating.

Great job on your support group. You are an amazing mommy!!

<3,
jennifer

Unknown said...

I really like your plates I want to go get mine done now. I love the picture taken of Arianna she is so pretty and getting so big.

Samantha said...

Just checking in on you...it has been awhile since your last post :)

BTW...I LOVE that license plate...I may just have to get one too :)

Much love,
Samantha