Monday, October 13, 2008

Urology Appointment

This morning was Arianna's follow up urology appointment. It was the biggest waist of my time. First of all I got the results of Arianna's renal (kidney) ultrasound last week so I knew her kidneys were normal. YEAH! Then we get there and wait forever to see the doctor just for him to walk in and say, "Okay...we're following up from last year. Did she get her ultrasound done?" And I reply with, "Yes, last month. Do you not have the results?" I decided to hold off telling him I already have the results cause I was curious if he was going to ask us anything else. For those who don't know Arianna was born with hydronephrosis of her left kidney but resolved on its own. This was a year follow up to make sure it still looked good. So he walked out the room to try and get the nurse to find the ultrasound results. He walked back in 15 minutes later, without looking at me in the face one time, and says, "Well this all looks normal. You don't ever have to come back", then walks out. I could of just called and told him that. I get so frustrated when doctors don't even give you the common curtousy to ask how she is doing or if I have any questions. But whatever...

Then we walked up stairs and Arianna got her flu shoot. I gave her some Tylenol before hand but she is already cranky. If I can remember right she was like this for 24 hours after her last flu shot. Shes crying and keeps signing "more" over and over but won't tell me what she wants more of. Better go figure it out.

No comments: