Saturday, October 4, 2008

Shoes, turtles, and bugs!

We officially lost Arianna's only pair of tennis shoes. They were the cutest little Nike's ever and I am totally bummed that I lost them. So yesterday while we were out I stopped at Michael's Shoe Store and got her a new pair of shoes. I was so amazed with the service I received at this store. The owner, Michael, was there and I told him exactly what the orthopedic doctor wanted and he examined Arianna's feet himself. He is a board certified podiatrist which also made me feel good about this guy. I told him I needed to find shoes with arch support and he said there are no kids shoes with arch support until like a size 10 or something, which isn't the first time I've heard this. However, they can actually put arch support inserts in the shoes themselves. Since she has such a narrow foot they added this extra strip of padding to the tongue and a piece of corck by the toe (I know I never new a shoe could have so much done to it), but the end result was perfect. Oh yeah....I also found out she should be wearing a size 6, not the size 4 I've had her in. Wow...I feel horrible now. When we got home I was making her run around to catch me and the first thing I noticed was how her gait immediatly improved. Her legs were closer together and she could actually run better than before. I am SO happy I stopped at this store and got her the shoes she needed. I just wish they didn't cost as much as my shoes seeing how she'll be growing out of them evey few months. For those interested the shoe brand is Mobility. I couldn't find anything on it online but they look like the regular white walking shoes. I'll have to take a picture and show you next time.



This one's for you Kathy! Sorry it's a bath video. Arianna is just going to kill me when she gets older. :)








I just LOVE this picture!


For the past few weeks Arianna has been working on saying the word 'bug'. Well she finally can say it perfect and that's what I hear from the moment I wake up till the moment she goes to bed. It really is cute the infatuation she has with bugs right now. I think I'll have to buy her a bug catcher cause she just can't get enough of them. Then it made it all that more exciting when we found a caterpillar the other day.

So...I was sitting here on the cough tonight and realized she has a ladybug costume from last Halloween. Robert didn't think it would still fit her so I went to check it out and.....

it fits. Well sort of. It's too short on the arms and legs but she still thought it was pretty neat for about 1 minute, then she started screaming to get it off. Of course I had to get a picture anyways. I know...mean mom. Can you tell in the picture she is pointing to something. Yep...it was a bug on the wall.

I thought I would post a picture from last Halloween as well.

After I took the costume off she ran around like a wild child (seems to be the norm around here -this girl has been testing me lately). I didn't hear her for a few minutes and when I walked in the living room this is what I found.

She fell asleep watching her bug on the wall.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh..she's too cute!
I love her little voice. She's getting so grown up...please tell her to slow down!
Has she asked to put the real turtles in the bathtub??

I bet she would like a bug catcher...get her the bug vacuum also..she can suck up all the bugs she wants!!

Thanks for all the pics!

Love,
kathy

Jane said...

Hi there!

I wish I knew someone who could fit Ramona's shoes like that! Glad to hear she's got some improvement in her mobility.

Ramona is fascinated with bugs too. She says, "Look Mommy, tiny one". She says ant, dragon fly, butterfly, bumble bee, grasshopper, etc. She is nuts for bugs! I got her a little puzzle by Melissa and Doug that has a little magnetic "bug catcher" to catch the bugs with. Good for rainy days with a bug lover ;)



Arianna is just beautiful!

Pam said...

Hi there,
I just love all the pictures and video's that you put on your blog. Arianna is such a cutie.
That is great news about the shoes. Good thing you lost the other ones or you may not have found this store. Madison has always worn shoes that are a size and a half too big because of her braces. I can't wait till we get her new inserts and she can just wear a regular size!
Love the sleeping on daddys arm picture.
Take care,
Pam and Madison
www.caringbridge.org/visit/madison

Christina said...

Hey you guys,
thanks for stopping by Maddys page. we would love to move out by you guy's. your so lucky nice weather all the time lol. I am glad to hear Arianna is doing well, thats so great. Their is not a day or minute gone by that i havent thought about her. she is always in my prayers. even though i dont stop by too much anymore i am always praying. Thanks Vanessa for asking to post maddy link on arianna's page. I dont have a problem with it at all, It is fine by me =) I think thats great you're doing that, it lets other parents out their see they arent alone. I hope you have a great day. Love Maddy & Christina

The Portas said...

This was such a fun post to read. It's so cute that she loves bugs so much. I was always running the other way when I saw bugs (and still am).

The video is SO CUTE. Her voice is so sweet. And I love the glasses pic, too.

I'm glad you found a good shoe (and shoe expert) for your little girl. YAy, that's awesome.