Thursday, April 30, 2009

We got a wonderful report from the cardiologist today! They did an echo and everything looked the same. We will go back in August to see our cardiologist. At this point, they are ruling out her low sats as being a heart issue and throwing it back on those lungs. We see pulmonary in August so we will talk more about it then unless she gets worse. As of now her sats are back in the high 90's and she is doing well. She does have a fever that we are able to control with Tylenol but that is her only symptom.

I just have to brag about how wonderful Arianna did during her echo. This time I actually practiced the echo yesterday with her so I was able to explain to her what was going to happen. It was kind of sad because the whole time she kept saying, "no boo boo" and gave us a worried look. That breaks my heart that she is at the age to understand what tests hurt.

Since we are talking about Arianna's understanding I just have to comment about something else real quick. Last night we were laying in bed trying to wind down and I put the tv on Discovery Health. It was about a little girl with a genetic condition and she was going to see her doctor. I noticed Arianna got really still and was actually watching the tv. I decided to take this as an opportunity to show her that other little girls have to go see the doctors too and get all the same measurements (height, weight, etc). Normally she is shy about getting her weight and height checked, well not today. I was reminding her about the little girl we saw on tv that did all the same things and she just shook her head yes with a big smile on her face, but she still freaked out about the blood pressure cuff so they didn't do that one on her.

This afternoon we did some running around and by the time we got home Arianna's fever was creeping back up so we gave her some Tylenol and she took an hour nap. Of course that hour nap meant she was up till midnight. That is the reason I don't let her nap but my baby wasn't feeling all that great so I couldn't deny her some beauty sleep.

We did go out to eat for dinner tonight for the first time since October. I was very hesitant about it since we just had a confirmed case of the swine flu here in Arizona, but there was hardly any people at the restaurant and they stuck us in the back corner.

Sorry if I'm all over the place in this post. It's pretty late and my brain is only partially functioning.

9 comments:

The Watson Family said...

Glad to hear of the great report. Arianna is getting to be such the big girl!

Love & Hugs & Prayers always,
Nicole Watson

www.caringbridge.org/visit/maddisonwatson

SUE AND SHAY said...

Glad to hear that Arianna's heart looks good. One more worry to scratch off of the list. I hope you do get your answers soon it is hard to wait for appointments when you are worried. I'm happy that Arianna did so well with the echo I really believe that the more you explain the less worry it is for the child. Just a thought but the blood pressure thing we always tell shay that it is the hug machine and it wants to give her arm a hug. when she see the cuff now she puts her arm out and say "arm hug" I don't know if it will work for Arianna or not but I thought I would throw it out there. Take care and get better soon Arianna. Love, Sue and Shay

The Portas said...

YAY for a good card report! Those are the best. What a big girl, being so brave. We have NOT gotten to that point with Elijah. Soon, I hope!

I hope you guys are having a good day! Xo

Anderson Family said...

Yeah for the good report.
Arianna's so sweet. I can just picture her watching that little girl so sympathetically. She's so amazing.

mina said...

Great cardiology report, yay!

Tina:0) said...

Yay for the good report! Vaeh goes back a week from this coming Monday. I can't wait til we're able to go to 6 month appointments.

Give that cutie patootie hugs from all of us!

Wendy said...

Vanessa,

So glad to read that Arianna's heart is still doing well! And poor baby not wanting any "boo boos!" That brought tears to my eyes!

I hope that she continues to sat well...and pray that her lungs are fine, too.

Give that little sweetheart a big hug from us!

Lots of Love,

Wendy (& Emma, too!)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/emmanicole

Amyacl said...

So glad to hear about the good news! And I'm glad you got to eat out too - hope you enjoyed it!

jencooper said...

Just got all caught up on the blog. I haven't had time to get on the computer at home and I can't get on it at school. So frustrating!!

I am sorry to hear about Arianna's issues. I can only imagine how frustrated you must be.

I am glad that you got to enjoy a dinner out!! Hooray for normalcy!!

<3,
Jennifer