Thursday, June 12, 2008

CHD'ers are everywhere!!!

So I decided this afternoon when Arianna was taking a nap that I would lay in the bed with her and relax. I was flipping through the t.v. and ended up watching some show about the Backstreet Boys. I was about to change it when I noticed a brief caption about one of the members needing to have surgery, then they showed a image of the heart. I ended up changing the channel and when I came back it was already talking about Brian Littrell having heart surgery. So I went online and googled his name and ended up at his Myspace page, which lead me to his band website, then to the Healthy Heart Club website. I found out that Brian was born with a VSD, which required open-heart surgery at the age of 18. He was right in the middle of his tour with the Backstreet Boys when he was told surgery was needed. He didn't let this get him down. Not only is Brian continuing recording with the Backstreet Boys but has also released his own Christian album. The Brian Littrell Healthy Heart Club for Kids offers education, exercise, nutrition, and counseling to children ages 8-12 who suffer from a heart condition or have a strong disposition towards developing heart disease. I think this is a wonderful thing Brian is doing and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to share it with you all.

3 comments:

The Portas said...

Wow, who knew?? CHDs are pretty common, but I never heard a thing about them till I had a baby with one. I guess I must have been walking around with my eyes closed!

Tina:0) said...

Amazing who you find is affected by the same things you are when you encounter them! It just goes to show how common CHD's really are.

BTW - Love the new look of the blog! How fun & girly looking. Just perfect for a little angel like Arianna!

Unknown said...

I've been trying to figure out how to change up the blog a bit. I'll probably be messing with it some more. I'm still trying to figure it all out. LOL!