Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

When we went to our 17 week ultrasound and found out about Arianna's heart defects it was (at that point) the worst day of my life. I was SO happy to find out we were having a baby girl but so scared for what the future would hold. When we got home I completely lost it. I remember laying in bed for hours upon hours, just crying and crying. The whole time I was breaking down, Robert was there holding me, comforting me any way he could. I know he was dealing with alot emotionaly as well, but he did all that he could to make sure I was okay.

Robert has always been a very strong individual. When times would get rough during my pregnancy I would turn to him for support and strength. I knew I could get through anything if I had him by my side. Then once Arianna was born I realized how much I would really need his strength in the months to come. I couldn't of asked for a better father for Arianna. I know if she could talk she would say the same thing. We love you so much Daddy, Happy Father's Day!



I also want to acknowledge my own father, who's name happens to be Robert as well.(Makes family gatherings a little confusing. LOL!)

I personally know what it's like to have a dead beat for a father. I'm just so thankful my mother remarried to Robert and gave our family the foundation it needed. Anyone can be a father, but it takes a real man to be a Dad. Even though my relationship with my dad wasn't great growing up, we have the relationship now that I've always wanted. I finally see all the things he was trying to instill upon me were for my own good and these are the things I want to instill upon Arianna. So thank you Dad, for always being there for me and being such a comfort these past few years. I know if it wasn't for the Christian background that you instilled upon me I wouldn't be able to cope with the challanges of raising a special child like Arianna. I love you. Happy Father's Day!


To all the Father's out there...Happy Father's Day!

4 comments:

Tina:0) said...

Happy Father's Day, Robert!

Hope you're all doing well! Enjoy the day!

XOXOXOXOXOXO

mina said...

Happy Father's Day to the two great Roberts in your life!

I love the new blog layout. hearts are so girly, just like Arianna!

Samantha said...

Vanessa...this one made me cry! I hope you had a great day with Robert and Arianna. I hope that all is well with you guys!

Love ya!
Samantha

Krista said...

Love the new look of the blog...I know it's been a while since I've left comments..but I"m reading and keeping up on your little sweetie...love the pics!

Have a great week!