Thursday, February 19, 2009

Genetic Appointment

We had Arianna's annual genetic appointment this afternoon. I forgot to take my camera so there is no pictures.

This is normally a very uneventful visit. He said she is doing great and thinks this will be a great year for Arianna.

He commented on next year doing preschool but I told him how we have to wait and see at this point.

Of course he wanted to have his residents come in and meet Arianna. I guess there was just a baby diagnosed with 22q deletion syndrome the other week who these residents got to meet so he wanted them to see a healthy 2 year old with 22q. :) That sure made me feel good.

Speaking of healthy...he are not so healthy at the moment. She started with a runny nose yesterday. Oh...and get this...I took her out the day before to 3 stores so you better believe I'm feeling horrible. I was just so sick of living in fear of taking her out that I just did it and now I'm feeling bad.

She woke up with a fever of 101 and the Tylenol took care of that. But silly me forgot to give her the next dose before the doctor appointment and I took the Tylenol out the bag so by the time we were at the doctors office her temp was back up. No coughing as of yet. Her sats were a little on the low side this morning but rebounded just fine. I'll keep checking her throughout the day and especially at night. Okay...now she is trying to prove me wrong...just heard a little cough. Please pray this doesn't get worse.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

oh...don't feel bad for taking her to stores. I know you lysol everything and sanitize her hands...that's all you can do. (unless you put a mask on her). Maybe her nose is just allergies.

I hope she's back to normal tomorow.

The Portas said...

Oh, please try not to feel bad for taking her out. You just never know. She could have caught it somewhere else entirely.. Don't beat yourself up. You are doing great, Mama. oxo