Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My girl is back!!!

Thankfully, my girl is back! She didn't even need her inhaler today. She has a little cough every now and then but nothing too bad.

Ever since last week she has this redish patch of skin under her right eye that goes up the right side of her nose. She always rubs her nose, which I'm curious if she has allergies to something, but now I'm wondering what this red patch is from. After seeing Isaac the other day I'm thinking it just might be a DiGeorge thing. (He is looking much better Kathy!)

We saw Arianna's occupational therapist today and did her find motor evaluation. I don't think we have ever done one of these. I am SO proud to say Arianna is scoring at 28 months of age. She is only 27 moths old so that is wonderful new! Janet doesn't even think she needs OT anymore but with all the state budget cuts she is still going to put into our insurance to approve 6 visits a year. This way she can continue to see Arianna every few months, even after she turns 3 years old. Wow...my baby will be 3 this year!!!

I got a picture of Janet and Arianna today.


Then this afternoon we went to meet a co-worker of mine from Utah who is visiting her in-laws just down the road in Corona de Tucson. We meet her at the park but she didn't bring her children because they were napping. (Naps...what are those?!?!) Arianna had a blast and went on the slide several times and LOVED the swing. Of course I forgot my camera so no pictures. :(

I'm not sure if I've told you all lately, but Arianna speech is really taking off. She is repeating more of what I say. The other day is was "bucket water" and today it is "orange pumpkin". I got her on video....she was being shy for some reason. The part where she is screaming is her saying, "Daddy look!" I know I understand alot of what she is saying but alot of people still cannot.



7 comments:

Kathy said...

oh...she's getting so big!
talking...seriously. you'll be carrying on conversations with her soon...she'll be talking your head off!

I'm still waiting for "mama"!

poor red patch...they must just be super sensative. Who knows if it's a digeorge thing or if all the heart meds somehow affect the skin (i was thinking the lasix or aspirin)--is she on either of these still??
Isaac's on like 14 meds a day still....so, who knows!?

mina said...

Wow, that's so cool. It gets so much easier when they can communicate by talking. I understood everything she said (even though she was rather camera shy this time). Your baby girl is growing up!

The Portas said...

Oh Vanessa, she is just the sweetest! Her little voice and her sweet face. I could just munch her up (in a good way!). That video is adorable. Her speech is coming along so well....that is wonderful news. I bet it's so good to hear things start to come out of her mouth more freely. I'm glad she is feeling better, too! Kisses to the sweet girl...xoxoxxo

Tina:0) said...

WOW!!! What a big girl!! She looks great & I'm soooo glad that she's feeling better:0)

This hole red patch thing, makes me wonder about what Kathy said (ie the lasix..) Vaeh's had a red patch under - you guessed it - her right eye (funny, huh?) since this morning. She's had a cold still that's hanging on. Eyes wattering, runny nose... who knows what's going on. For us, its probably going from 55 degrees one day & 35 the next...ugh!!!

Hope work's going well... Take care & give that big girls hugs from all of us!

<3 Tina:0)

SUE AND SHAY said...

I am so glad to hear that Arianna is feeling better. She is so cute.

Unknown said...

I am so glad her speech is really taken off, That is so great.
I really hope that red patch goes away. I wonder what it is from???
Take care of yourself and hope you had a nice weekend.

jencooper said...

I am back!! Sorry. Blogger is blocked at school and I haven't had any time to get online at home. It has been crazy!!

Arianna looks beautiful! I am glad that she is doing well!

<3,
Jennifer