Saturday, February 21, 2009

Yesterday was not a fun day for us. Arianna was on and off oxygen all day. She at one point needed 3 liters which is high for her. She had a fever all day and night. We've been keeping the Albuterol going and I think that is helping. I did a really good tape job with the cannula last night cause it stayed on all night.

Today was a much better day and I know a good night sleep with some good ol' oxygen helped out. She was actually playing and running around today. The fever is gone and the runny nose is going away. The cough is alot better and not as frequent.

My mom and grandparents came over this afternoon for a little bit and she loved having the attention.

Since Arianna's oxygen tank was almost empty we had the home health people deliver a new oxygen concentrator today. We have never used a concentrator before but I asked for something that is easier to move around. The tank we had was 4 feet tall and I wasn't able to move it around if I needed. This one is smaller and on wheels. The nice thing about this is we don't have to refill it since it gets the oxygen from the air. :) One less thing to think about for me.

I cannot believe it but she stayed up till 11:30pm. I am so tired and ready for a good nights sleep. I have her on the monitor and she is border line with her sats right now. Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers. I'm finally coming to terms that this is our "normal" when Arianna gets a cold. It's just so frustrating because I don't know what is wrong with her lungs. I'm just asking God for a miracle.

5 comments:

Tina:0) said...

Oh, the concentrator! That's what we had for Vaeh, with a 50' tube that followed her all over the house. It is nice to not have to watch the level to refil, 'cause you don't have to!

mina said...

Oh Vanessa,

I missed your last couple of posts. So sorry to hear Arianna is sick, what a drag (literally) having to move around the O2 tank. Maybe the concentrator will work better. Hoping that she is better soon!

The Portas said...

I'm so glad she is starting to feel a little bit better. I hope her lungs magically clear up and she can breathe easy with perfect sats very soon. Get some good rest tonight!! xoxoo

Mami Adame said...

I'm hoping Arianna is doing much better since you lasted posted! Hope you are getting plenty of rest too!

Unknown said...

Oh Sweetie I am so sorry to hear that she is sick and not feeling well. At least the oxygen helps her get some sleep.
I have sleep apnea and I use the concentrated oxygen at night when I sleep and I know that helps me everynight. I really hope she gets to feeling better soon it is no fun when your little one is sick. I hope you get some rest also.

Lots of hugs and love coming your way. Karen