Thursday, February 19, 2009

Upset

I am so upset so I'll have to keep this short. I recieved a call from Ariannas OT telling me the state is cutting the budget for the Arizona Early Intervention Program. They are completely doing away with the birth to 3 years program. WHAT THE HECK?!?! (I wanted to use a different word but I won't) So many children NEED that program. I know if it wasn't for AzEIP Arianna would of had a feeding tube and would not be where she is with her speech.

They are having a press conference tomorrow which I was planning on going to but not now since Arianna is sick. I will, however, be going to the "Meet Your Legislature" meeting on Saturday to voice my opinion. This is just outrageous.

I did get a call later tonight from our Early Interventionist saying their specific organization which is not apart of AzEIP is going to keep seeing children regardless until the end of their fiscal year which is June. Arianna would of been graduating from this program at 3 years old anyways but it's still upsetting because she needs all the help she can get before she turns 3 cause she will not be able to get therapy in the school system due to the germ factor. AAAAGGGHH!!!

So...I'm extremely upset and just had to tell you all how much I hate all of this.

3 comments:

Anderson Family said...

This is really upsetting! Thiss is worse than cutting education! Kids need this help. You can't put a price on kids' health!

The Portas said...

I've heard about this happening in other areas, as well. It appears that the money just isn't there for a lot of states. It's really sad to me...it makes me face the reality of how much the economy is struggling right now. :(

Mami Adame said...

Oh no! Hopefully it changes before June! It really is scary how the economy is right now!