Thursday, August 7, 2008

21 Party!


We were so excited to hear our church was celebrating some birthdays and anniversaries at church last night so we decided to go and let Arianna eat some cake to celebrate her big 2-1 (notice we skipped the 2-0!) I was totally bummed because as soon as we got to church I overheard someone ask the pastor how she was feeling....then heard something about coughing and flu and I was ready to leave. We decided to try and stay through praise and worship but as soon as the pastor started talking she announced she was dealing with a respiratory illness, then the gentleman who was sitting by her keep blowing his nose, and the lady in front of us is the pastors in-laws and she started coughing so we packed up and left. Besides there was tons of people there because of the birthday and anniversary party and ALL the kids were in the sanctuary which meant they would end up in the cry room and we can't have that. So....we decided to take Arianna to Sonic and have an ice cream!!!

Enjoying her yummy vanilla ice cream


This is exactly how I gained all my weight!


I forgot to tell you all that because of this wonderful weight gain Arianna is FINALLY on the charts at the 5th percentile for weight! She is at the 10-25 percentile for her height. As you can tell I am extremely excited about this. She looks so healthy and finally filling out. No rolls or anything but she fills out her size 3 diapers alot better.
With all this exciting news about her weight gain she has slowed way down on her eating because she is getting more teeth. I can't wait till all these teeth are out. I have been really good about taking the paci away from her during the day even though she signs for it all the time. I try to only give it to her during naps and in the car but since her teeth have been bothering her I let her keep it today while we went to the grocery store. I have to say that was the first time she stayed in the cart the entire time. Normally by the time we get to the check out she is crying to get out. I am planning on getting really strick with the paci rules when she turns 2 but in the meantime I'll let her have it if it helps.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Sonic looks fun...we should go out for ice cream tonight!
and about the paci...isn't that a tough one. With our "healthy" boys...they were pushed to get rid of the bottle and paci by one year...I don't know...it's going to be hard telling these little ones NO! I can just see Isaac going to kindergarten with his rat sticking out of his mouth (that hamster with the paci attached)...You're doing good...that's a good start taking it away for most of the days except for naps and bed time...good job!!!
Hope you guys have a fun weekend!
love,
kathy

Tina:0) said...

Looks like she's enjoying her treat! Isn't it funny how we try to get these little ones to gain weight... I feel like I spend my time trying to loose it! I'd gladly donate it to anyone that needs it!

Give her big hugs from us!

Mami Adame said...

Is there a sign up sheet to donate some weight? ;)
She looks great Vanessa, remember they are always going to be small (beautiful girls)!
As far as the paci...so hard, it brings them comfort. I never gave my 2 oldest paci's, was actually quite against it. But this is different. She too has the one with lil animal attached to it. I think one day she may just carry the little red dog around! She sleeps with it sprawled out on her face!

Take care!
Ana

p.s.Thanks for your input on signing!

mina said...

Yummy ice cream, what a wonderful calorie booster! Looks little Arianna's got a bit of a sweet tooth. Congrats on being on the growth curve!

I wouldn't really worry too much about the paci, I have a confession: my older two took one at nap and bedtime until they turned 3 (yup, I'm one of those bad mommas!) The one thing I was strict about was not letting them even try to talk with it in their mouth, I would act as if I couldn't understand what they were saying, and as they got older (around 2), it stayed in their room. They learned fast that playing with friends was far more fun than staying in the bedroom for the sake of a pacifier! They both happily gave it up on the eve of their third birthdays, and we had no issues after that. Of course there were many times when I really wished that Bilal would take one, instead of me being paci for the longest time, but at least we're not dealing with the 'giving up' problesm right now. I think Arianna will do fine when the time is right, as long as it doesn't affect her teeth or her speech development, those are the main concerns.