Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The lady came out to check our equipment today and everything checked out fine. We got a new lead for the pulse oximeter but she didn't bring extras. UGH!! We can only get 2 a month per our insurance which is SO stupid. So basically the reading we were getting yesterday were probably correct which means something is going on with her little lungs.

I did talk to the pediatrician that was working yesterday, not our doctor, and she told me to do the Albuterol treatments every 4 hours if she was wheezing. Of course she is no longer wheezing but be is still satting on the low side. I checked her when she was taking a nap this afternoon and she was at 87% so I hooked up the O2. Then when she was eating dinner I checked her again, since this is the only time she is sitting still and she was satting at 90%. She normally sats around 94% so this is a little concerning. I would understand if she was coughing and showing symptoms of a cold but she is not. So we'll keep up with the O2 during naps and at night. I have completely misplaced the cloth tape I need for her face so I'll be running out to get some more.

Our pediatrician is in tomorrow so I'll put a call into her first thing in the morning and see what she wants me to do.

Thanks for checking in on my girl. I finally bought some batteries so I'll post some pictures later!

2 comments:

Tina:0) said...

I know her sats are low, but how's her color? For Vaeh that's a big indicator. She still gets purple lips & nails in the tub, even on O2!

Glad the equipment checked out! Praying that its just a simple explanation & she's back to her beautiful, normal self!

Luv from Ohio!

Kathy said...

Well...at least you have the O2 still. Let me know if you want me to cut out some cute shapes for you. (but, she probably won't need it very long...) just a little help for the next few days.
Hope you all sleep well.
kathy