Thursday, August 21, 2008

MMR Reaction?

I'm beginning to thing this is a reaction to the MMR vaccine. Yesterday we noticed some red dots on Arianna's back which I thought it was just from a heat rash. Well this morning she has them on her chest, stomach, back, bottom, and arms. I called the pediatric nurse again and she says this is common to have a rash 7-12 days after the vaccine. She knew how scared I was for Arianna to the MMR in the first place so she was really sweet to me. She told me to get some Bendryl and see if that helps the rash. I told her if she still has the fever and rash by tomorrow I wanted to bring her in to get looked at since it will be 11 days after the vaccine and I really don't want to get into the weekend like this. I know...crazy mom...but it's my baby and I need to be reassured she is okay. It's not like she has a normal immune system and she is at a higher risk of getting these viruses. But I put my faith in God that she is okay and this will all clear up on it's own.

5 comments:

Tina:0) said...

In no way are you a 'crazy mom'! I think that any mom would do the same thing, even with a "healthy" child!! If we don't protect our babies, who will!

Praying that the benadryl works & the fevers subside. Before you know it she'll be running around & you'll wonder where the quiet Arianna went!

Give her big hugs from all of us! We love you guys!

Kathy said...

Oh Vanessa...you ARE a crazy mom..but, so am I!!!
I think that when we had these sweet kids...we were automatically enrolled in the "crazy mom" club (they just didn't tell us). NOW..you have me freaked out about ever getting Isaac's! He's even tested high enough (whatever that blood test is that said he's making antibodies)...but, oh...I am going to wait as long as they'll let me!

I'd take her in too. You don't want something to happen over the weekend...I'm always "better safe than sorry"...I don't care if my docs think I'm crazy. And I'm like this with my "heart healthy" boys too...

I hope the benadryl helps her...and that you guys get some sleep tonight and she's feeling better tomorrow.

mina said...

Hopefully if it's a reaction to the MMR it should be OK in a couple more days. Gotta admit Vanessa, it's much better than Arianna getting full blown measles! It just stinks when the thing you try to prevent the most happens.

To answer your question, Zakir and I have been in practice together for the past one and a half years. We both do our own clinical stuff and split the administrative work. I'm Family, so see all ages, he is Internal Medicine and sees adults. Our styles of practising medicine are very different, so it's quite amusing when we soetimes see each other's patients. Until now we were close enough to talk to each other through the doorway, now I am camped out in his office. Fun! Oh, and we actually met in medical school.

Hollie said...

Poor baby! I don't think you're a crazy mom either! Being concerned about our little ones just comes with the territory. I hope that it's just a mild reaction that will go away with the benadryl. Praying for a quiet and uneventful weekend!
Loves,
Hollie

Pam said...

Hi Vanessa,
Thanks, I was having Arianna withdrawal. Glad to hear that she is feeling better.
Hope you are enjoying your ipod.
Take care,
Pam