Saturday, August 16, 2008

Eagle River boy gets his new heart

Shawn Stockwell is a 10-year-old boy who waited a very long time for his new heart. I just have to share this news piece with you all because he is such an amazing young man. He was actually 9-years-old when he got his new heart and on his 10th post transplant day turned 10-years-old! He is still struggling alot and just the other day they almost lost him but he is fighting every single day. If you could add him to your prayer list that would be great.

Trista, Shawn's mother, is the coordinator for the Mended Little Hearts in Alaska and is a remarkable woman. She is such an inspiration to me and I look forward to meeting her and Shawn one day.

***PLEASE SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM AND STOP THE MUSIC SO YOU CAN HEAR***


3 comments:

Tina:0) said...

No matter how desperate & terrible your own circumstances, there's always someone else's story that makes you greatful that you're where you are!

We'll most certainly keep Shawn & his family in our prayers!

Give that cutie of yours big hugs from all of us! We love you guys!

Kathy said...

OH...I think they look familiar...have they been at the RMH for a while?? I don't think I talked to them...but, the mom looks familiar.

THat's SO AMAZING...and my hospital..so, you know it just gave me goosebumps!!!
Send her our love,
kathy

Mami Adame said...

I'm in tears, i can't believe they waited that long. It's such an amazing story! Do you know if they have a public blog? We'll keep them in our prayers!