Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Holding her own

After her nap she was still satting on the low side so I used her Albuterol inhaler and that made her sats jump up to 95%!!!

She did really well tonight without coughing or wheezing. Right before bed I gave her some Motrin because she cut another tooth tonight and she immediatly threw it back up along with some nasty mucous. I know that's nasty...but at least she got it out.

Once she was asleep I checked her sats again and she was running in the high 80's and sounded a little junky. I gave her another dose of her inhaler and that seemed to help. She's only satting at 90% right now while she is sleeping which is not where she should be so I'm still going to put a call into the pediatrician tomorrow and see how often I should be doing her inhaler and for how long. It seems to help her a little so that is reassuring. I'm just worried about going into the winter season now knowing her lungs are still so fragile. It wasn't even like she caught the full blown respiratory bug that I had and it's causing her this much trouble. I am really not looking forward to all that isolation again but it's a small price to pay for the health of my child.

As of right now she is holding her own so we won't put the oxygen on unless she drops into the 80's. I'm just so happy this time around we know she has lung issues and have all the things at home to treat it. It's better than letting it get worse over time then being put in the hospital for a week.

4 comments:

Tina:0) said...

Poor little Arianna:0( Cutting those teeth can be nasty! Hopefully that was part of the whole problem. Vaeh always seemed to get a runny/ stuffy nose when cutting teeth... but of course that's coincidental!(lol)

Praying that her lungs improve & that this winter isn't too bad on her! The whole isolation thing stinks, but like you said - what we won't do for the health of our kids!

Big hugs & kisses!

Mami Adame said...

Praying for sats >90 for lil Arianna! Unfortunately even a little stuffy nose seems to be a big deal for our little ones. Take care!
XOXOXOXOs
Ana

Amyacl said...

Sorry that Arianna is still not feeling well! I hope this virus runs its course soon.

jencooper said...

Poor thing! I hope that she is feeling much better soon. I know how frustrating it is...Grace seems to pick up every little thing that she is exposed to! We are saying lots of prayers!!

<3,
Jennifer