Tuesday, August 19, 2008

All over the place with this post

Arianna still has a fever but is finally playing and acting more like herself. This was us earlier this afternoon taking a nap. She actually slept for 4 hours!!! Dad thought it would be cute to take a picture of us with my camera phone....too bad he forgot to shut the volume off and woke us up, but only for a second.




We were passed out!

I'm not sure but this fever could be due to the MMR vaccine she had last week or the fact that she is cutting another tooth. Who knows?!?! It's just weird because Arianna's sister and my sister are both sick today as well and all 3 of them have different symptoms. We spent Sunday together for my birthday, which was yesterday, so who knows what is going around. Here's a birthday picture I just LOVE! She is really into blowing out candles so I can't wait for her 2nd birthday!







And guess what I got for my birthday....


An iPod!!!!




I have been wanting one for a few months but didn't think I would actually get one. I feel so spoiled now. Now when I get irritated I just put on my headphones and tune everyone and everything out :) I can't wait to dowload some of the teaching CD's I've been listening to. Since we can't go to church that often I get my sermons in this way.

I also wanted to share with you my birthday verse. I know I shared this with you all before but for those who didn't see it. Check out http://www.birthverse.com/ and see what your birthday verse is. Here is mine:


Romans 8:18 NIV




I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.




AMEN!!!




Okay, I know this blog is normally about Arianna but I have a prayer request for myself. This Monday I went to see an orthopedic doctor for my back. I have dealt with back pain since I was a teenage and hip problems since I was born. I had some x-rays taken a few weeks ago and my primary doctor diagnosed me with something called 'Pars Defect'. Basically the pars is the articulating part of your vertebrae and I was told that I have two fractures there. So I went to the orthopedic doctor who did an evaluation and reviewed my x-rays. He told me I indeed have a bilateral Pars Defect on the L5, spondylolysis (basically meaning break), and spondylolisthesis (slipped disc). Here is a diagram to show you exatcly what it is:






I was not very happy with this news at all but hopeful when the doctor said this can stabilize over time if I start taking care of myself. He is sending me for physical therapy 2x's a week for 6 weeks to help teach me the exercises I should and should not be doing. He did tell me to stay off my elliptical which really sucks because that is the only exercise machine I own. The main thing I have to do is build my core stregnth, which we all know I need to do, so this just gives me more of a motivating factor. If the pain gets worse then the doctors said the only treatment option would be surgery and that is not what I want to do. So, for those who pray please be in agreement with me that this will stabilize and we can keep the "s" word as far away from me as possible.

Thank you!





5 comments:

Tina:0) said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! Isn't it so much fun to get another year older?! - NOT! (lol)

Hopefully the therapy goes well for you... you'll have to let me know what kinds of things they have you do!

Hope the fever goes away & that you're all feeling better soon! Givee that cutie pie BIG hugs & kisses from Vaeh (& all of us!)

mina said...

Happy belated birthday Vanessa! You two look so cute fast asleep together! I hope you get some relief with physical therapy, ouch, that sounds like it must be quite painful!

jencooper said...

Happy Birthday...a little late! I LOVE the sacked out picture. It really is cute. I also love the birthday cake picture.

I hope that Arianna starts feeling better very soon!!

<3,
jennifer

Mami Adame said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amyacl said...

Happy, happy belated birthday, and may the coming year bring health and happiness.