Friday, May 2, 2008

Finally some good news

So I called Lab Corp this morning and spoke with the manager. She said she would look into it and call the outside lab that the blood was suppose to be sent to and call me back. About 2 hours later I get a call and she tells me they have the results!?!?! I was SO happy but SO upset at the same time. I asked why they told the nurse they had lost the blood and she had no idea. She even has a confirmation that the blood was received at the outside lab. They were suppose to fax the results to the immunolgist today.

So I get on the phone with the nurse and tell her the story. Man, was she pissed! We spent 5 minutes going over the story they told her and what they told me. She is going to call and talk to the manager I spoke with and make sure something happens. I love this nurse! I then told her to fax me the results when she gets them so I can have a copy. The immunologist is out of the office until Tuesday but she is going to email him and let him know when the results come in....so hopefully I'll get a call by Monday.

So I have been waiting for the pediatrician to call and finally she just did. She was calling to tell me the bad news about needing more blood but I was able to give her the good news. She was just as upset but happy to know we don't have to poke Arianna again. She commented that she spoke with our occupational therapist (Janet) who is also trying to help figure all of this out and Janet informed her that I had already spoke with the pulmonologist. I told her (ped) that I was not happy with what the pulmonologist said. Don't get me wrong I'm glad they didn't find anything wrong with Arianna but the fact that she is satting too low while sleeping and she (pulmo) doesn't see a problem with that, just irritates me. The pediatrician tried so hard not to talk bad about the pulmonologist but said she wants me to see a different pulmonologist. She asked who I wanted to see and I told her Dr. Brown, who was the pulmo we saw when Arianna had her surgery. She will call him personally and schedule a meeting for all 3 of us to meet. THANK GOD! I honestly LOVE our new pedi!! I'm not sure when that meeting will be since it's hard to schedule 2 busy docs to be in one place at a specific time but our ped will make it happen.

So that is where we are at right now and I'm happy to have a pedi that actually cares. I hope I said everything I wanted to and hope it all makes sense. I have to run to and deliver more shirts to family so I better go. I'll keep you updated as I know more. I am happy that we will be seeing the cardiologist tomorrow and get his take on all of this.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Good luck with the walk tomorrow!

By the way...what in the world is wrong with the medical professionals in Tucson? I cannot even believe how horrible this care is in comparison. All of our doctors call back the same day (most of the time within an hour). I know you just moved into a new house, but move here to Texas...I have a great team of doctors that I have put together for Micah...so Arianna can just get with all of them...we never have problems with them (well, most of the time...sometimes they have an off day).

Anyway, sorry for my rant...I am just so astonished with these doctors. I hope that everything gets worked out even more and I am glad that you do not have to go through another blood draw.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Love,
Samantha

Tina:0) said...

Yeah, no more pokes!! I'm so glad that she won't have to be poked again. Sounds like you have a good doc on your side with your pedi! Hope you're all enjoying the new house & getting settled! Have fun at your walk & post plenty of pics of Arianna with her shirt (hopefully you can get her out for a short stint!).

I'll keep Vaeh's blog updated as much as I can when we're at the hospital! I'll take your number with me & you'll probably get a personal update after she's out of the OR! Take care & give Ari big hugs from us here in Ohio!

Love,
Tina:0)

Kathy said...

Vanessa,
You're going to need some of Micah's blood pressure meds to keep your pressures down!!!
GEEZ....what a week!!
Glad they found the blood...hope the results are good.
Have fun at the walk today!
Kathy