Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Nothing much

We've just been hanging out with my Nana in the mornings this past week and trying to get things done around the house. It seems like it's going to take me 6 months to finally get everything set up the way I want it. Oh well...at least I love my home and have a roof over my head!

Arianna had her speech therapy yesterday and our therapist was very impressed with all the new sounds and words Arianna is saying. She will be out of town for 2 weeks so we'll see her again next month. In the meantime I'm just to keep doing what I'm doing with her and watch her develop.

I've been staying pretty busy with the support group. I'm getting care packets for the hospital NICU and PICU which I'm really excited about. I'm making alot of contacts within the hospital and trying to get the word out as much as possible. I'm SO excited to be having a 35 year old CHD survivor speak at our next meeting. I have SO many questions and just can't wait to hear all that she has overcome. She has had 5 open heart surgeries and the most recent was 2 years ago...so I'm just excited to hear all she has to say. For us mommies with younger children it gives us ALOT of hope for the future.

That been about it for us. We have Arianna's GI appointment tomorrow and I'm just so amazed how 3 months has already gone by since we've last seen him. I know he will be very pleased with her most recent weight gain. Who knows maybe we won't have to go back...but I have a feeling he won't let us go that easily. I'll ask him what he thinks about the possibility of aspiration and all that just to get a GI's perspective. I'll update more tomorrow

Good night!!

4 comments:

The Portas said...

Good luck with the GI appt. Hopefully you are able to drop a doctor from your list!

I'm so proud of all the work you are doing to get your support group together. That's awesome!!

Take care...smooch on that sweetie for me. Hey! Where are the pics?! :)

Samantha said...

I hope that you get an all clear from the GI doc and that he lets you go since your sweetie is now gaining weight all on her own!! I am so jealous!!! I am glad that you have had a slow down of activities, we all need a break every now and then! Keep up all the great work on her speech, before you know it, she will be a talking fool!

Take your time getting your house in order...I rushed and here we are almost 5 years later with things still not where I would like them or things that I wish I had done differently...enjoy it!

Love ya!
Samantha

Colin's Blog said...

Yeah for more talking!! That is very exciting. Keep up the good work Arianna!!

Tina:0) said...

Hoping you get to leave another doc in the past! Hope the speech continues to go well!

You are doing such a great thing with the support group! Other CHD mom's are lucky to have someone like you who makes the effort to get things going!

Give Arianna big hugs from all of us! BTW, Jon says "howdy do?!"

Luv,
Tina:0)