Friday, May 2, 2008

More bloodwork needed...

So I just got off the phone with the immunology nurse and this time they didn't lose the blood but they forgot to get a CBC drawn. I'm not sure how all this works and the immunologist is out of town so I'll have to wait to ask questions until he gets back. UGH!! I am thankful for the nurse who is trying to help me get things figured out. This still doesn't take away the fact that my baby will need to have ANOTHER blood draw. I am literally in tears over this. I can't stand that she has to have repeat blood draws because they keep messing up. :( I'm waiting to hear back from our pediatrician because she is the one who will coordinate with the labs on which tubes and such need to be drawn.

I also put a call into Lab Corp and spoke with the manager about this and she is going to look into it herself and get back with me. I really feel like no one cares and that is an awful feeling.

Oh I almost forgot....the nurse told me the immunologist said if I wanted to give Arianna the MMR vaccine, it was up to me but there is a risk. CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY!!! Yeah, like I'll take that kind of risk. I have seriously had it with these doctors. I told this nurse that was ridiculous for him to say that and NO I won't take that kind of risk. I will wait another 2 weeks in hope that they get it right this time.

On a good note...I just got the shirts delivered for our Heart Walk tomorrow. So if you in Tucson and want to join us just meet me at the Tucson Mall at 7:45am (I know it's really early, but be glad you don't have to be there at 7am like me) You can park by American Home Furniture and you will see the tent from there. If you have any problems finding the place just give me a call at 520-406-5655. I will be speaking sometime around 7:30am and I'm so exciting to be taking Arianna on stage with me!!! I will post with pictures after we get home.

5 comments:

jencooper said...

Sorry to hear about your run-in with the doctors. I will be praying for ya'll!

I can't wait to see pics from the Heart Walk!

<3,
Jennifer

Tina:0) said...

Crazy docs, they act like they have a million other kids to take care of & that your baby isn't important! Bet things would be different if it were their kid! Sorry to hear that they have to poke her AGAIN, but hopefully they'll get it right this time! Have fun at your walk tomorrow! Hopefully the weather will be nice!

Big heart hugs!
Tina:0)

The Portas said...

Oh no!! I hope you can talk to management at the lab. That is really unacceptable, especially when dealing with a baby. :(

Have a great time at the heart walk!!

Andrea said...

Oh Vanessa, I can not even imagine! I'm so sorry Arianna has to have another blood draw. I hope tnat they finally get it right this time!

Kathy said...

Don't take her to labcorp again...see if they'll draw it at the hospital again. Don't you know a good "blood drawer" yet?? I know the FEW at each hospital that I will let try with Isaac....if they're not pros at getting blood from heart kids...they're not touching my delicate flower!!!
Oh...wish we lived closer...I might have met up with you for the walk...at about 9am...7 would be WAY too early!
Hey...have fun tomorrow...don't let the labs spoil your weekend!