Sunday, May 25, 2008

Miss Cranky Pants

The titles speaks for itself. I have Miss Cranky Pants on my hands today. It started last night when we laid down for bed and Arianna threw up in our bed. After a complete change of clothes and bedding we laid back down and she went right back to sleep. She felt a little warm but doesn't have a fever. She woke up in a good mood but did have a runny nose. Since she wasn't too bad I was able to go to church. Yes, that right, I actually went to church this morning! Instead of going to the normal church I attend I went to Word in Season to hear David Huskey minister. This is the pastor of the church my family attended when I was a child when we lived in Taos, NM. I even went to kindergarten at this church! I have to tell you this is a man of God and if your ever interested in getting some good teaching material check out David Huskey Ministries. I got some teaching CD's and books this morning and already listening to the first CD. Since I can 't attend church every week I think its important to constantly be listening to the Word, whether it's through reading your bible or listening to teaching tapes. I know sometimes I get off track but it should be the most important thing we do in our lives if we want to live in his glory. I'm not perfect by far, believe me I have a long way to go, but if I stay focused on what's important in life than I know I'm going in the right direction. One thing that really bothers me with Christians, and people in general, is that they don't call on God until they are in a crisis. I was that Chrisitian...it touch my daughter being diagnosed with a heart defect to really have to reach out to him and put my life and the life of my daughter in his hands. I have to tell you, I wish I would of done that along time ago. Don't wait until something bad has to happen to get closer to God. We need to wake up every morning and thank God for what we have, instead of complaining about what we don't have! Wow...didn't expect to go off, guess I just needed to get that out!





So after church I was able to go out to eat lunch with my parent and Pastor Huskey and was blessed by the presense of such a wonderful man. When I got home Arianna was sleeping on her Daddy and these are the pictures Robert took right before I got home.


She kicked Daddy out of the recliner! :)






She ended up taking a 20 minute nap after I left for church. Robert gave her some motrin and she went down for a 3 hour nap. She woke up in a good mood but still not 100%. She still has a runny nose, mainly when sneezing, so I'm hoping it's not a cold. No cough or anything else so I'm chaulking it up to teething. She did have a really good dinner tonight, which is always nice to see her eat so well. Hopefully it's just these darn teeth and she will feel better by tomorrow.

**For all that have been praying for Drew I really appreciate it. He is recovering in ICU from his 3rd open heart surgery and still intubated. His body needs to get used to the new anatomy. Please keep him in your prayers as he might be extubated (breathing tube taken out) tonight or tomorrow.**

***UPDATE***

Little stinker..as soon as I'm done typing this post I check her temp and she has a low-grade temp, so I just gave her some tylenol and hopefully that will help.

6 comments:

Krista said...

Preach it Sista!! I'm so glad you got to church today...and that you have such a desire to stay in the Word! It's the ONLY way we are going to get through this life...especially given kids who need so much extra love.

The pics on the recliner are awesome...she looks so relaxed...and SO LONG!

Hopefully...tomorrow will bring a happy little girl!

Kathy said...

Ditto Krista!
Poor little Arianna...I hope it's the teeth too....these babies need a break!
Hope you ALL get some rest tonight!
Kathy

Tina:0) said...

You hit the nail on the head! Many people do tend to wait on a crisis to turn to God, but in the end as long as you get in & stay in the word that's the right direction!

My girls both ran low grade fevers, runny nose, etc., with teething so lets hope that's all Arianna is dealing with right now!

Glad to hear that Drew is holding his own. Still praying!

Hope you have a good week!

jencooper said...

She looks adorable in the recliner!! Super cute!!

I hope that she is feeling much better!! Little stinker - messing with Mommy like that.

Thanks for reminding me what is most important - God!

<3,
Jennifer

Samantha said...

LOVE the pictures!!!!!! Sorry she is not feeling great...they always seem to throw up in the parents bed don't they? My kids always manage to do that!

I hope that your Monday was better than Sunday...glad you got a chance to get to church and the lunch...sounds like you had a very good time!

Lots of love,
Samantha

The Portas said...

The pictures are adorable! Her little care bear chillin out next to her...aaaawwww!

You are certainly right, it feels so good to have God in your life even when you're not in crisis mode. So important! Thanks for the pep talk!

Feel better, Arianna! I'm hoping it's tooth-related.