Friday, February 1, 2008

Another day...

Arianna had a good night last night and got some well needed sleep. She slept in till 9am and the only reason she woke up was because we were taking her to do the swallow study. That test came back normal, which was a good start. They put in orders to do the upper GI but the person that does that test is not here today so we have to wait until Monday. They tried to decrease her oxygen to 1/4 liter, and she did well at first but when she fell asleep they dropped alot more so they had to up her to 1.5 liter then dropped her back to 1 liter. Anyways, with all that said it doesn't look like she will be leaving today. At first they though maybe tomorrow but at this rate I think we won't be going anywhere.

They have added an inhaler twice a day. I can't remember the name of it but its an asthma treatment. I don't know why they are putting her on this, but I'm assuming the pulmonologist ordered it. I'm still waiting to see him today so I'll hopefully have more information later.

The immunologist should be coming by this afternoon. Hopefully he will order some labs so we can see where her IGG levels are running.

She just woke up from a nap so I'm going to get off but I'll update more later.

3 comments:

The Portas said...

Praying for more answers for you guys! Yay for the good rest. :) Hang in there.

Kathy said...

I hope you guys find answers soon.
The breathing treatments help open her lungs. Isaac doesn't have any problems breathing...but, he's on the treatments twice a day kind of preventively. So...maybe they'll just keep Arianna on them so that she doesn't get in distress again. If you want to go home for the weekend...tell them to get you some oxygen. They won't do the upper gi until Monday anyway...right?? I just never get any sleep at the hospitals...I'm begging to go home the minute we check in.
We'll keep checking in on you guys!

Andrea said...

I'm so sorry you guys are in the hospital. I know it's especially hard since they can't give you any answers yet. We're thinking about you and praying you'll go home soon.