Saturday, February 23, 2008

Bad Day

Arianna is not having a good day. She had a rough night last night, up a lot, crying, tossing, and turning. Finally at 5 am she wanted mommy to get up and rock her. Her little body was burning up so I checked her temperature and sure enough she was 101. We’ve been giving her Motrin and Tylenol today which breaks the fever but only for 2-3 hours between doses. She won’t sleep lying down so it looks like I might be camping out on the rocker tonight. I feel so bad for her, she is just miserable when she has a fever. Everyone tells me its because she is cutting teeth. She just cut her 5th tooth yesterday and I think she might be working on another one. I just think it’s weird because she never got a fever with her other teeth. Who knows….I just pray it isn’t anything worse. Her sats are remaining in the mid 90’s, which is a good thing. She hasn’t been in the mood to eat or drink much the past few days but tonight while we were sitting eating dinner I had her on my lap and tried to feed her some of mac & cheese (baby food), since she seems to be back in the baby food stage. She didn’t want ME to feed her but when I gave her the spoon she went to town trying to feed herself. It was so amazing to see her determination in feeding herself with a sppon. We have never seen her do this before. I think we’ll try and get some better equiped spoons for her to use since she had such a good time. She was a total mess by the end but who cares. Then for dessert she fed herself half a serving of pudding. It was so good to see her eat like that. Hopefully this will continue. We weighed her when she got her RSV shots and she had lost an ounce since the week prior. I know my heart mommas know how hard it is to just put 1 ounce on our kiddos. So hopefully this feeling yucky won’t be accompanied by weight loss.

Right now she is running a temperature of 101 and Daddy is on his way out to buy more Tylenol. Hopefully she will start feeling better soon.

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Oh yes, I understand the one ounce business! We are also stuck back in the baby food...it is the only way I know to get any form of calories in Micah. We even melt one tablespoon of butter into each baby jar (only the 2nd...anything more is just too much). So that gives him another 100 cals! I can only imagine the cholesterol...but the nutritionist told me he does not eat enough to even worry about that!

Tell that pretty little girl to get better soon. Is she working on a molar by chance? Micah never got a fever with cutting teeth except for his molars...so maybe??? I am going to hope for molars and nothing more!

Hugs to you all!
Samantha
P.S. feel free to put our CB site on yours...I am going to add you to our blogsite address as well :)

Andrea said...

I'm so sorry she's not feeling well. I pray her fever will go down and she'll continue to have a healthy appetite!

Samantha said...

I think that Krista had mentioned Benecal to me at one time but it is a prescription...is Duocal a prescription too??? I will have to ask the doctor about that one!

I will continue to pray that she just is teething and nothing more! I know that I freak out about every little thing...but only with Micah...his brother and sister I am very normal with...poor thing will end up with a complex :)

It looks like you are sorta close to my sister...she lives in Phoenix...at least you live where the weather stays pretty nice. I have only been to AZ one time...it was in February and it did not stop raining! I could not believe I was in the desert with rain!

Hang in there with that precious girl...I don't think that I have mentioned how adorable I think she is! There are all these heart baby boys...so you better watch out...she is going to have a bunch of suitors!

Hugs,
Samantha

Kathy said...

The babies are still going CRAZY!!!
I hope she feels better soon...and hope the fever is just the teeth also. Isaac is the same way with a fever...just acts like it's the end of the world!
I'm on the alternating tylenoyl and motrin...don't even give it a chance to lap...set your clock for every 4 hours. (I might be on the verge of overdosing Isaac....but, the fever and the attitude it causes...oh my gosh!)
We'll check on you tomorrow!
Hope you guys get some rest!
Kathy