Thursday, February 7, 2008

Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week

Blogger wont allow me to attached a pdf file so I can't show you the document but I wanted to share with you all anyways.

I sent a proclamation to the Governer a few weeks ago and while in the hospital I recieved the signed proclamation declaring Feb. 7-14th Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week!!!

This is so exciting and I wish we weren't on isolation or we'd be out doing something to promote awareness. This week we need to bring awareness to those who don't know about CHD's. I have decided to start a support group in Tucson which will help with fellow CHD families but you can do something to. Give a donation to the Children's Heart Foundation. You can find there link at the side of this page. This organization gives 100% of its proceeds to CHD research. This is the type of things we need to get involved with and this week would be a good time to start. This research is going to save thousands of childrens lifes. I pray that they find a way to do valve replacements through the cath lab so Arianna won't need to endure another open heart surgery. So whatever amount you feel led to give will be helping thousands of children, including Arianna.

Thank you,
Vanessa

No comments: