Monday, February 25, 2008

Miss Cranky

Well not much to report here. Sorry ladies for keeping you on edge all day. Arianna broke her fever this morning and finally was at a normal temperature for a little while this afternoon. I really have to stay on top of her motrin/Tylenol or it will spike right up. I laid her down at 3pm for a nap and apparently I was tired too cause we both didn’t wake up till 5pm. Good thing I had a roast in the crockpot so dinner wasn’t too late. She spiked another fever this evening and was a total crab. I mean…fussy, fussy, fussy. I feel so bad for her. I did get a call back from the peds office and explained to the nurse Arianna’s symptoms and she told me the fluenza virus has been going around bad. They have a lot of kids in with fevers and cold symptoms I did tell her about my concerns with her recent respiratory illness and being on oxygen but she didn’t seemed concerned….I swear no one at that office ever seems concerned. She didn't think the teething was causing the fever since it wasn't a low-grade fever. I told her I had an appointment on Wednesday to met the new pediatrician and she didn’t think we needed to come in before then. As long as the Tylenol/motrin is helping the fever and she is still drinking liquids, there is not much else they can do. I forgot to mention to her that Arianna had puffy eyes today and it was even a Lasix day. You heart moms know how those puffy eyes can freak us out. I’m glad we are seeing our cardiologist Wednesday to make sure her heart is thouroughly checked out. So in the meantime we’re just gonna keep doing what we’re doing and hope it goes away.

Tomorrow is our appointment with the orthopedic doctor to discuss the finding in Arianna’s MRI, which she had done in December. They found what is called a butterfly vertebra on her T-10 which I’ve heard can be related to scoliosis. Her spine was in total alignment right now, which was great, but we need to get in to a doctor and establish a relationship so he can follow up on this. He’ll be reviewing the MRI tomorrow so I’m anxious to hear what he has to say.

I’m hoping Arianna doesn’t spike another fever tonight while sleeping. I just gave her some motrin which I’m hoping does the job. She has been really sluggish and grumpy in the morning and we have to be up in 6 hours to get ready. Poor baby is going to be tired. Then we have our OT coming over around 11am. I’m not expecting Arianna to eat much but it will still be nice to touch base with her and get any new ideas she may have. I’ll update as soon as I can tomorrow.

1 comment:

The Portas said...

Sorry you had such a crankypants day! Those days aren't fun, are they? You just feel so bad because you know the little peanuts just feel like poop.

I'm hoping you were able to get some good rest and that you have a fever-free, less cranky day today!

xoxox