Sunday, February 17, 2008

Arianna once again wouldn't sleep in her crib so she slept with mommy and daddy. I have a feeling she will be 15 and stil sleeping in our bed. :)

She definintly needed the oxygen this morning so looks like we will be keeping this nasty thing on her nose. I did take the cannula off her nose for about 30 minutes to give her a bath and let her walk around a bit. When I checked her numbers they were back in the low 90's so I put O2 back on her but the 1/4 liter wasn't doing much help so I had to bump her back up to 1/2 a liter. Maybe she just over did it with all the walking and her body needs more O2 today. I wish I could just leave her at a setting and not mess with it. That was the plan wasn't it? But after seeing her hold such good numbers last night off oxygen I thought we would try it again. Guess she isn't ready for that yet. She's been on oxygen for 2 1/2 weeks, I guess I didnt' think she would require oxygen more than the hospital stay so the longer she's on it the more I want to try to get her off. I feel like if I just give in and not try weaning her then it's like I'm accepting this and I don't want to accept it. Gotta run....

3 comments:

The Portas said...

For whatever reason, it seems like her little body definitely needs the oxygen right now. Poor little thing, I hope she can get off of it soon.

btw, I read through some of your old posts on your caringbridge page last night and you and I had VERY similar pregnancies. It's weird! I had preterm contractions and was on bedrest and also had Elijah at 36 weeks and he weight 4 lb 14 oz. Also, his surgery was three days after Arianna's. They have the exact same heart diagnosis and he also has a sacral dimple. Crazy, huh?

Samantha said...

Hi there! Just wanted to let you know that they do eventually leave the bed...but they tend to return when needed :) My husband and I joke that our oldest will be bringing his wife into our bed! My oldest (5) was always in bed with us and just recently, he started to just fall asleep in our bed and when we move him, he stays in his room all night.

I say do whatever it takes to get a good night sleep! My middle will sleep in the pack in play all night, but not in her room (she is 3) and the baby, Micah, is 19 months now and he is going NO HERE!

I know it is no fun to have that oxygen, but it is what Arianna needs right now. When her body is ready, she will be free of it.

Heart Hugs,
Samantha
www.caringbridge.org/visit/micahmajor

Kathy said...

She'll be off the oxygen soon...she will.
Isaac's working on his second week also...and I didn't think that would ever be necessary...his heart is "technically" fixed. But, our card told us a few months ago not to get rid of the oxygen...that he would probably need support this winter and maybe even next winter. It just takes them time to heal.
Don't feel defeated! She'll be fine soon enough!