Sunday, February 3, 2008

Eating!!

Signing 'Dad", while wearing his hat.

Thanks Trudy for my wish heart bear!

This is how I pass my time!


So we have noticed that Arianna eats alot better when she is on a higher amount of oxygen. The doctors have decided to stop trying to wean her oxygen, which is currently at 1 liter, and give her GI doctor a call tomorrow. I'll be curious to see what he says tomorrow.

When she was sleeping earlier her sats were dropping when laying on her left side then stabilized when we put her on the ride side. I asked about getting another chest x-ray and once again I got pushed aside. They have now changed shifts and I'll be talking to the night docs about getting another x-ray. I am just worried about her developing pleural effusion since this is something she had after surgery and once you have it then you are more prone to get it again. She doesn't seem in pain though....so I don't know. I'm sick of trying to diagnose my daughter, I wish they could give me some answers.

1 comment:

Krista said...

Vanessa...
I can so understand your frustrations...we 1st encountered roommates in Michigan and we hated it! The doctors preach at you about keeping them away from other kids...and then they are the ones to double you up with sick kids...go figure!!

And good for you for standing up for Arianna...just remember, you are her advocate...you are doing a great job...keep it up, even when you're tired and grumpy.

I'm so sorry this has turned into such a long weekend in the hospital...definitely sending up prayers for your sanity.

Love the pictures of Arianna...she is just precious! Thanks so much for keeping up updated...I check on her several times a day!