Wednesday, October 24, 2012

First Day at Home!

Time to string her Beads of Courage!



Her "Act of Courage" bead or as we call it her "Captain America" bead for being so brave and not only getting up to take her first steps after surgery but going on a wagon ride.



She was acting very tired so I checked her sats and sure enough..she needed oxygen. :( But after about 10 mins she said the oxygen made her feel better and we left it on the rest of the morning.

She started looking really tired and fatigued so I put her to bed. It breaks my heart to think of all she has gone through this week.

Right after her nap her Aunt & cousins came over to check on her. Bryce didn't see her in the hospital and it was probably good he didn't since he has a hard time seeing Arianna sick. He made sure to get his time with her today.




Proudly showing off her "scars" She was not sure why they look this way and we had a little talk about how they have to get to her heart. I did not go this in depth before surgery cause I didn't want to completely freak her out. She still was a little bothered by this new information. She says she can't wait for it to heal and look like her old scar.

I just LOVE this pic. Look at Devin's face. LOL! This was after he already ate his piece of pizza. But I'm happy to announce Arianna is eating better. She lost 2 1/2 lbs the last 5 days and that is over a years worth of work to put on her. Now that her heart is in tip-top shape I hope she puts the weight back on and more!


Daddy made our meds schedule on her white board to make it easier to follow. Round the clock meds for awhile...but totally worth it!

Just love them! So happy to be together as a family again. We spent the evening listening to worship music and watching the kids play nicely together. Almost gave me a heart attack a few times but Arianna is improving so much. She is only on Tylenol & Ibuprofen for the pain! She is learning to make her heart pillow her best friend. Those lungs are still acting up and needing oxygen off and on throughout the day and will definitely need it at night. I plan on giving it a few days and if I dont see an improvement then I'm taking her in for xrays.

1 comment:

Nancy Jensen said...

I'm so glad that she had a good day. She is so brave! I remember Jessica getting worried about her scar when she was Arianna's age so I think it's kind of normal... as normal as a heart kids can be. :)

I hope Gracie's surgery went well too. Praying for her.