Monday, October 15, 2012

Horrible night

After I posted picture of the Zoo I went to do Arianna's nightly nebs. She was laying there and asked if I would to. I had just pulled out my school stuff to study for my exam but I told her "Of course!" So I lay down and she starts to cry. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "My heart is sad." I've been trying to teach her how to express and explain what she is feeling so we can talk about it and work through it. She couldnt' tell me why for a few minutes but I just held her in my arms and let her cry. I prayed outloud and held her. Finally she told me she is scared to get her new valve and then broke down crying in my arms. :( I cannot tell you how hard this is for all of us. I had no idea what I was getting into. Every child is different. I've talked to many heart moms who say they told there kid a few days before surgery and they were fine. But I had to tell Arianna weeks in advance and that is just not fair to her. So that is why we planned this wonderful fun weekend to help be her (and our) distraction. Now that its over I think it's just hard. I know I already asked on Facebook last night but PLEASE continue to pray for her anxiety and ours as well. I am having trouble eating and each day I wake up feeling a bit worse. I laid in bed with her till we both finally feel asleep so I woke up and have to study before my exam today and then study for my exam tomorrow. I wish I didn't have to worry about school but I know if I can find a way to keep a decent grade without dropping my classes it will be better for our family in the long run. Well I better study while she is still sleeping. Not sure how she will wake up today. Thanks again for the prayers!

2 comments:

MerB said...

I know exactly how you feel. The fear and anxiety that comes before surgery. I will definitely be praying for all of you this week.

Unknown said...

Thank you Meredith! I'm trying so hard right now.