Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Hanging in there

Saturday we took the kids to a local park and our cousin took some amazing photos. I cannot wait to share them with all of you!!!

It's getting harder to think next week is surgery. I have the same feelings I did before her first surgery. I just want to take my girl and run away from this cruel reality we live in. I try not to dwell on the scary things but it's hard not to think about it as it's quickly approaching. I'm so extremely happy to think of my girl AFTER surgery but the part of atually going through it is so hard to think about.

We are getting things in order for next week the best we can. But we want to do some fun things too! We are taking the kids to the Pumpkin Patch this Saturday and then having a little Halloween Party that night! That's pretty much what she is focused on right now and that is exactly why we are doing it. It will be so much fun! Then hopefully the zoo Sunday. Her big brother, Cyrus, will be here tomorrow to join in on all the festivities so that makes things even better! The kids just LOVE having their big brother here and so do we!

I'm still trying to keep up with my studies and that means taking 2 exams a few days early which means I have lots of studying to do. Time is really running out so I'm trying to make my days as productive as I can.

I feel horrible cause I've stopped homeschooling Arianna. I have a conference with her teacher tomorrow. I just couldn't make her do her work right now when she struggles so much with it and I know she will feel so much better after surgery. Hopefully we can just take a break now and work through winter break and into the summer to keep her on track.

I did take Devin to the dentist today, needed to make sure I don't fall behind on his care! He has no cavities and 20 wonderful looking teeth! Then took both kids for their flu shots which I will NEVER do on my own again. That was too much and Arianna was still traumatized tonight about it. Poor baby if she only knew how much worse it will be after surgery...a little flu shot is nothing compared to that. :(

Well I'm just rambling but felt like I needed to jot a few things down and give an update. Hopefully I can post some of our pics in the next few days!

No comments: