Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday



Sunday early morning and she is still not feeling good. So glad and thankful for my mom staying with us last night. Arianna was in pain and needed constant TLC. She has the BEST Grams! She pulled an all nighter so I could get a few hours of sleep. I do not like to leave my daughters side in the hospital, especially after such a major surgery. I was able to fall sleep in the room and know my girl was being watched over by the best grams a girl could ever ask for!

Then right before we were about to go on our first walk around the unit we got a surprise visit from
Billie the echo technician. I was just amazed as I looked at her new valve and how it functioned inside her heart. It is HUGE!!! Absolutely NO leakage at this point!!! Tricuspid valve was repaired and still shows slight leak we hope will go away or be reduced when her right ventricuar size decreases. We expect that decrease to happen within the next 6 months. Her left pulmonary branch was widened and now bigger than the right pulmonary branch! No fluid build up around the heart or problems seen on echo. Perfect report! Praise God!!!

Then it was time to get to work. We did give her some morphine to help with this first BIG step! She did great and made it one whole lap around the PICU thanks to nurse Michael's encouragement the whole time! Then we came back to the room and she was tired and took a nap to regain her strength to do it again.

When she woke up she picked out a toy from her treasure box!
Arianna wanted to go downstairs to walk by the wall in the lobby. She was really tired so I held her in the wheelchair. She was not very happy about going but this is how she is going to get better even though it was hard for me to see her do...it was worth every single step she took!          



After her walk Dr. Teodori came by and said she looked good it was time to get rid of that central line and peripheral line. Ordered her meds for oral and goal is to get her home tomorrow if her lungs cooperate overnight. The collapsed lung is getting better but it's one of those things that takes time to heal from. She is headed in the right direction.

A very sweet and brief moment of relaxation today. Watching a slideshow while having a sucker!
Then it was back to work...

Finishing her nebulizer treatment and getting her last dose of morphine before they removed central line. She was worried but put on that brave face again and got it out!

About 30 mins after the line was out she woke up very full of pain meds and wanted to walk and walk and walk...so we did!


We were so happy to run into our heart buddy, Gracie, in the halls! Arianna asked if Gracie could go with her to the playroom on the 5th floor cause the one on their floor was closed. So I grabbed a wagon (just in case) and off we went!
Heart Sisters

Arianna was picking up pace and doing great! I am so grateful for Gracie and her family tonight. Arianna woke up after her central line removal and asking for visitors finally! Well it was too late to really ask anyone to come tonight but when she saw her buddy Gracie she was so happy!



She was getting out of breathe so had to sit down. I felt it was time to get back to bed so we had to finish building so we could go back to our room.
I got her some paints to color cause she wanted them but literally got her in bed...turned around for 30 seconds and when I turned back this was what I found...my baby girl passed out! She has been sleeping ever since. She gets mad when I wake her for meds but I already pushed her pain meds back about an hour and she woke up with chest pain..no more spacing them out. She will get them on schedule the next couple days for sure to prevent the pain from creeping up on us.


Amazing numbers!!! Just need to get her lungs better and I'll be happier about it.

4 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Awesome report Vanessa! All of her friends at church prayed for her this morning during Children's Church and of course we had special prayer in the adult service too!

Please let me know if she will be coming home tomorrow and I can leave her special "coming home" card that my sister made for her. I can just put it in the door or where I put her box before.

Prayers also going up for your Nana!!

Nancy Jensen said...

What a great update! Looks like Arianna is starting to come back! Praying her lungs will continue to improve and that she can go home soon. I'll call you tomorrow to see if she will still be at the hospital for me to visit or at home.

You are doing an amazing job, Vanessa, and I'm so glad that your mom was there to help over night. (((hugs))) to you both!

Wendy said...

Arianna, you are such an amazing little girl! So happy to hear that new valve is working well, you are so brave, Sweetheart! But I sure wish you didn't have to go through so much!!! You and your mommy have been in my thoughts and prayers each day. I continue to pray that you get stronger and feel better real soon! You are one of my favorite heart heroes, Arianna, and Emma sends lots of heart hugs your way!

Love and Get Well Wishes,

Wendy (& Emma, too!)

Lauries Thoughts said...

Ari you are an amazing little warrior. So strong in ways you don't even realize yet. You are still so small but at the same time so big. God has plans for you sweetness, big ones, I just know it!! Love you!